Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

20 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

As his arc is now following that of Katie Hopkins  I believe the next step is take ketamine in South Africa

He'd fit in increasingly well with her ex-employer Rebel Media.

3 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Binned off Twitter, lost his case to Dugdale. Hopefully he just disappears now.

Just so long as he doesn't go back to abusing independent video game developers for not crediting him with inventing football.

13 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just so long as he doesn't go back to abusing independent video game developers for not crediting him with inventing football.

That 90s cohort of video game journalists have a lot to answer for. 

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That 90s cohort of video game journalists have a lot to answer for. 

I keep noticing familiar names from the 80s/90s British computer game magazines turning up in all sorts of weird places. Last one I saw was Gary Whitta, who wrote the screenplay for that awful M. Night Shyamalan film with Will Smith and his kid.

Charlie Brooker's still the daddy, of course. Surprised Stuart Campbell hasn't excoriated him for ripping off his personality back when Brooker pretended to be an utter c**t for a living.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I keep noticing familiar names from the 80s/90s British computer game magazines turning up in all sorts of weird places. Last one I saw was Gary Whitta, who wrote the screenplay for that awful M. Night Shyamalan film with Will Smith and his kid.

Charlie Brooker's still the daddy, of course. Surprised Stuart Campbell hasn't excoriated him for ripping off his personality back when Brooker pretended to be an utter c**t for a living.

I think Brooker is a bit of an arsehole as well he just usually picks the right targets and grew up by marrying a children's tv presenter. Still think Corbyn should've sued him right enough.

Did the Rev Stu get involved in Gamergate, on either side? Might change my opinion of him if he did, on the right side. If he was in the middle of that world and stood back that would be poor too. Maybe it was after discovered Scottish politics and being scared of men in skirts.

Edited by welshbairn

32 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think Brooker is a bit of an arsehole as well he just usually picks the right targets and grew up by marrying a children's tv presenter. Still think Corbyn should've sued him right enough.

I sent him an enquiry on Twitter once and he dingyed it, so he's worse than Hitler as far as I'm concerned. Still love his work though; the smug. middle-class, Blue Peter presenter-shagging twat. What did he do to Jeremy Corbyn?

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did the Rev Stu get involved in Gamergate, on either side? Might change my opinion of him if he did, on the right side. If he was in the middle of that world and stood back that would be poor too. Maybe it was after discovered Scottish politics and being scared of men in skirts.

f**k knows; whatever would have achieved the greatest number of arguments, probably. I think he'd likely arrived at the point where everyone in the video game world was ignoring him by then. The train seems to be arriving at that station again now, so perhaps another change of topic is required.

Perhaps a stinging article for Gardeners' World about why tulips can f**k off back to Amsterdam?

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

While it's being mentioned can anyone give me like an extremely condensed version of what gamergate was because I've tried and failed to read up on it many times.

It was a controversy supposedly about ethics in game journalism but in reality was just a thinly veiled excuse for alt-right weirdos to target harassment at (predominantly) women in both games journalism and Game development or basically anyone seen as being too liberal/feminist for their tastes.

21 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

It was a controversy supposedly about ethics in game journalism but in reality was just a thinly veiled excuse for alt-right weirdos to target harassment at (predominantly) women in both games journalism and Game development or basically anyone seen as being too liberal/feminist for their tastes.

Wasn't remotely aware of this at the time, but it looks like a popular male game programmer got dumped by his girlfriend programmer and everyone piled in on his behalf. Probably the start of the incel community, and the rage at Ghostbuster II (or III?) having women in the leading roles, especially a fat black one. Milo was mad for it.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wasn't remotely aware of this at the time, but it looks like a popular male game programmer got dumped by his girlfriend programmer and everyone piled in on his behalf. Probably the start of the incel community, and the rage at Ghostbuster II (or III?) having women in the leading roles, especially a fat black one. Milo was mad for it.

Yeah think he implied that his girlfriend slept with a journalist to get a good review even though the journalist wasn't a game reviewer and despite backtracking on it the damage was done. Then they piled in and started accusing her of sleeping with pretty much every male games journalist she had any kind of contact with.

Really fucked up situation at the time.

Edited by Rodhull

• 1 month later...