Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

15 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If there was a wings party it'd get about as many votes as RISE imo.

Was RISE the party with that girl with the red hair who was flavour of the month around the time of Indyref?

edit: just checked and it is. Either way minority causes like Trans rights is not a vote winner for me, aka the Barry Shitpeas / Yer Da vote. 

Edited by Scary Bear

I really can't imagine Stuart Campbell being stupid enough to put himself forward for public vote in a personality contest TBH.

Has he declared any other policies, by the way? "If it's got a cock, it's a man", independence from the country he's spent most of his life in, and...?

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

The SNP struggle to get a majority as it is without losing the Yer Da vote. Just as well the Greens and hopefully this new Yer Da Has Wings party will be there to prop them up.

You're making the unwarranted assumption that yer Da's spend all their time on twitter and don't dress up in the wife's clothes when she's away at her sister's. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You're making the unwarranted assumption that yer Da's spend all their time on twitter and don't dress up in the wife's clothes when she's away at her sister's. 

I suspect that Yer Da types are an insignificant minority on Twitter. Would that be right?

Edited by Scary Bear

16 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I suspect that Yer Da types are an insignificant minority on Twitter. Would that be right?

Come to think of it, no idea. Not when you have the likes of Wings (rip) and Graham Lineham on 24/7, both in yer Da demographic. 

Didn't somebody start up a Twitter substitute for hate speech, incitements to illegal activity, and all the other stuff that Twitter occasionally realises might be a bad idea for them to publish?

You can sort of understand why wee Stu might be a bit peeved about being told he isn't wanted considering any trans person's Twitter feed I've ever seen has been full of replies along the lines of "KILL YOURSELF U WILL NEVAR B A REEL WUMMAN". But that just means those c***s should be punted too.

As a supporter of independence....I would love to know where all this "woke" and "terf" divisiveness pish came from.

Cos you you know what.........I couldn't give a sh@te

And that's probably the same as about 99% of Joe public.

Its f@ckin pathetic.

We seem determined to balls up our chance of independence and screw over the vast majority of our population because of an issue that effects a tiny percentage.

FFS live and let live...if biological men are really women and vice versa...then they are individuals and good on them.

Like in all society the vast majority of these folk are good people. The tiny minority who are deviant will be caught and prosecuted. The same as any other sections of society.

This is a real non issue.......it's a stupid thing to be divided on.

I am very suspicious that it's the Scottish independence movement that seems to be blighted by it. Wonder why that is🤔

Edited by git-intae-thum

My first vote in next years scottish government elections will be for the SNP. My second vote is up for grabs, at the moment it would be for the green party. However if Salmond and Cherry create a new party then that will be my 2nd vote.  It seems to me that certain SNP voters on this board will not vote for Salmond as their second vote because they think more of a trivial issue that has nothing to do with Scotland (as Martina Navratilova  has confirmed) than Scottish independence. These so called SNP voters will NEVER vote for independence. 

2 hours ago, pawpar said:

My first vote in next years scottish government elections will be for the SNP. My second vote is up for grabs, at the moment it would be for the green party. However if Salmond and Cherry create a new party then that will be my 2nd vote.  It seems to me that certain SNP voters on this board will not vote for Salmond as their second vote because they think more of a trivial issue that has nothing to do with Scotland (as Martina Navratilova  has confirmed) than Scottish independence. These so called SNP voters will NEVER vote for independence. 

That last sentence is quite a stretch.  I’m an SNP member, I will vote SNP in elections, I voted YES at the Referendum and will do so again, I would not vote for a Salmond/Cherry party.

You do realise that it’s possible to care about more than one thing, politically?

If a party supports independence, but also a load of other policies which I don’t support then of course I wouldn’t vote for them. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t support independence.

And I have no idea what you’re on about with Martina Natratilova, but the issue of trans rights in Scotland is obviously entirely relevant to Scotland.

5 hours ago, Sport socks and scampi said:

I can't fathom what beef independence supporters have with Alex Salmond.    His behaviour (politically) since he resigned on the 19th sept 2014 has been exemplary and he's been cleared of all wrong doing from the court case.     

I feel some wouldn't consider voting for a Salmond led alternative because they feel it would be validating the views of the dickhead Rev.    

Blowing the Gordon election wasn't a political high point. Not sure taking the RT gig helped his political prospects either. You could be right though, it's his supporters who put me off him more than the man himself.

I think even though he was found innocent he is highly likely to be a sleaze and a creep, which really isn't a good look and not something anyone should approve of. Just because he is not guilty doesn't make him a good person. His return would do no help to independence as he certainly won't persuade anyone new to support, and if anything will turn people away.

17 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I really can't imagine Stuart Campbell being stupid enough to put himself forward for public vote in a personality contest TBH.

Has he declared any other policies, by the way? "If it's got a cock, it's a man", independence from the country he's spent most of his life in, and...?

😀

And if it is a cock, it's probably Rev Stu.

16 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

As a supporter of independence....I would love to know where all this "woke" and "terf" divisiveness pish came from.

Its f@ckin pathetic.

We seem determined to balls up our chance of independence and screw over the vast majority of our population because of an issue that effects a tiny percentage.

FFS live and let live...if biological men are really women and vice versa...then they are individuals and good on them.

Like in all society the vast majority of these folk are good people. The tiny minority who are deviant will be caught and prosecuted. The same as any other sections of society.

I am very suspicious that it's the Scottish independence movement that seems to be blighted by it. Wonder why that is🤔

The SNP is, like every other major political party, is a party of coalitions. It always has been. The trans Vs non trans division is the latest iteration of a divide that has existed for as long as the SNP has existed, but in different guises - see section 28, for example. 

8 minutes ago, Sport socks and scampi said:

I won a four sum figure on Brexit party winning the last Europeans at 4/1.   The long odds were offered because a new party *couldn't* come from nowhere.    I'm not equating Salmond's influence with the one-man-band that is Nigel Farage but I don't agree in the slightest that he's finished.   He'll remain the main player until it happens.   

You're kidding. I'm amazed the bookies were even taking bets on that.

19 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Its f@ckin pathetic.

Quite amusing that folk liking this tweet don't actually understand it 

2 minutes ago, Sport socks and scampi said:

Fell down to 6/4 within the space of a week, then heavy odds on.   

I can only assume that was during the period where nobody was sure if he was actually going ahead with it. Mental odds otherwise.

12 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You do realise that it’s possible to care about more than one thing, politically?

If a party supports independence, but also a load of other policies which I don’t support then of course I wouldn’t vote for them. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t support independence.

And I have no idea what you’re on about with Martina Natratilova, but the issue of trans rights in Scotland is obviously entirely relevant to Scotland.

Another one arguing from a point of total ignorance. This thread is astonishing, it seems "yer Da" types are the ones who are actually keeping up with current affairs