Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

First they came for the paranoid and sexually insecure Bathboy...

It is fatuous in the extreme to dismiss such a proposal (Gender Recognition Act) as an irrelevant distraction which can be dealt with after independence, because after independence it’ll be far too late. The last possible practical opportunity to prevent the Holocaust was in 1933, not 1945.

Edited by welshbairn

On 14/10/2019 at 21:45, Day of the Lords said:

If Campbell had stuck to dissecting the MSM, instead of turning into a frothing embarrassing mess over trans-rights, women in general and loads of other ridiculous hills to die on, he'd be fine and possibly still reasonably respected in political/journalism circles. 

However he didn't and he isn't.

The boy's a fucking liability and a cretin of the highest order.

As relevant now as it was two months ago.

I find it almost deeply impressed that even on his own blog, he has followers who don't agree with him.

Mr Campbell spends more time on trans issues than literally any other subject. It's distressing and concerning how obsessed and hate-fuelled he is about it. Imagine if he campaigned even half as hard about homelessness, the environment or even, I don't know, *actual* sexual violence against women and not delusional ones he's created while sitting in his pants in front of the laptop at 2am.

Weird how internet bloggers take on Americanisms, like "Very pissed with the antics of Common Space" and "You could do with the encouragement right now I reckon".  Bath would be a fairly unique base for a working class hero to emerge from, well done Wings!

Last night I watched Stuart Campbell's interview on the Alex Salmond Show.  I'd never seen the Salmond Show before (though had heard about it) and bizarrely, Campbell's interview was the least strange thing about the programme.  In fact, the interview is normal enough (despite Campbell starting it wearing a dog collar on for some reason) and things get stranger.  Tasmina Ahmed-Sheik is in the studio and talks and talks and talks before getting onto talking up interviews with other bloggers on the show.  And who's the other blogger they're talking up I hear you ask?  Craig Murray!  Murray of course being even more nuts than Campbell.  Overall a very weird watch.

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Campbell starting it wearing a dog collar on for some reason

He's referred to himself as 'The Reverend' since he was a teenager.

Apparently folk used to think he wasn't serious.

He's referred to himself as 'The Reverend' since he was a teenager.
Apparently folk used to think he wasn't serious.

He said in the Salmond interview that it was to differentiate him from other Stuart Campbells on Google. I’d heard the opposite though and that he really was ordained.

He said in the Salmond interview that it was to differentiate him from other Stuart Campbells on Google. I’d heard the opposite though and that he really was ordained.
Aye? He's been calling himself that since long before Google was a thing. Check out his pre-politics work.

• 1 month later...