Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

Surely to god the easy answer is for the miniscule number of trans men or women to use their assigned genders changing room or toilet?

Maybe mental but I think women should have their own changing rooms if they want them.

There will be people who, rightly or wrongly, won’t want to share communal changing areas with people who may identify as male or female but who have the anatomy of the opposite gender to themselves. Telling either men or women just to get on with it and like it won’t stop people feeling that way and acting on it.

I know both a man and a woman who have transitioned and from what they have said, it isn’t that they especially care about using men’s/women’s facilities, it’s that they want to have facilities they can use where they are comfortable and not threatened by people who feel they should not be there.

Personally, I’ve never been a fan of communal changing areas anyway, so it seems like a good opportunity to offer a solution to the issues without any real downsides.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

That doesn't make a lick of sense.  Is he referring to a very select number of Nazi generals, or "Good Germans", or what?  The guy's mental.

Probably more the Gestapo. There were a lot of summary executions of deserting German soldiers and civilians who wanted to surrender during the last few months of the war. The guy comes across as totally crazed  by choosing to make that analogy though.

Roaster over Terfland - the new blog?

What an absolute bellend.

No doubt he did some decent work back in the day, but he's a complete liability. Even back in his glory days, he was too much of a loose cannon and swore/got riled/flew off the handle far too easily.

No publicity is bad publicity? Interesting timing from him and considering hardly anyone reads/posts on his blog.

He did all he could in 2014 for independence and doubt he could add more to it.

He's never been known as a beacon of sanity, but wild that he is going out on this hill. Going batshit mental/obsessed over something in 10 years time we'll be saying ''what was all the fuss about."

I really hope he stands next in 2021. I'd love to see him during a campaign period and even if they did get an MSP - what would their manifesto/policies look like. Makes you wonder if this has been the plan all along since he started getting no readers 2 years ago or so.

Edited by Kejan

As much as I'm aghast at the raving loony Stuart Campbell has become, the woke brigade aren't exactly covering themselves in glory either. 

I've got a few mates who are trans (both mtf and ftm) and they think all the TRA/TERF stuff that goes on twitter is horrific. ScoPol twitter is an absolute cesspit filled with roasters of all creeds and colours. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

As much as I'm aghast at the raving loony Stuart Campbell has become, the woke brigade aren't exactly covering themselves in glory either. 

I've got a few mates who are trans (both mtf and ftm) and they think all the TRA/TERF stuff that goes on twitter is horrific. ScoPol twitter is an absolute cesspit filled with roasters of all creeds and colours. 

I'm convinced the whole daftness kicked off with some beardy alt right incels pretending to be lesbians to troll the femininazi libtards, and numptys like Bathboy falling for it and starting a crusade for toilet purity. Then others get hooked in thinking it's a real thing, and scour the internet for examples of trans folk behaving badly. Why it's caused such a fuss in the SNP is curious, other than the Bath connection, with Ireland already having enacted similar legislation that's being considered here, with no howls of protests from anxious womenfolk worried about beardy folk in dresses insisting on watching them take a dump.

19 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Transgender stuff seems to be boiling his piss. To be honest, I’m not in favour of folk with cocks going into women’s toilets, so I can see where he’s coming from. He reckons the trans lobby group are unduly influencing the SNP. Not being a member of a party, I wouldn’t know if that was true or not.

I also find the definition of anti-semitism a bit mental. I don’t see how any criticism of Israel’s treatment of Palestine should be seen as hating Jews. 

I still like reading his views, although that trans stuff seems to be taking up a lot of his time.