Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

@Flybhoy I'll give you a rundown mags

•  Wings Over Scotland - universally mocked/reviled by every independence supporter on this forum
  •  The_Kincardine - staunch (by the classical definition) unionist who's spent several decades not living in Scotland and who spends most of his time on here accusing all independence supporters of "ethno-nationalism," a term he made up to apply to something which doesn't happen
  •  Kuro - formerly Peppino Impostato, the angriest man I've ever seen and the only poster I've ever seen make more outlandish claims than you, including caddying for Condoleeza Rice, being able to get several ex-Scotland internationals together for a game of fives at a moments notice, and that Harry Souttar would be Scotland's starting centre back for a decade. Pretty sure I told him I'd suck his dick if H. Souttar made it to a squad. Kuro is also one of five members currently on my ignore list along with Grim O'Grady, banana, RadgerTheBadger and Rab B Nesbit. I wonder what the other four have in common.

There you go. The bottom line is that Wings Over Scotland is such a twat that Mastermind has posted something 100% accurate in the politics forum for a change. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

@Flybhoy I'll give you a rundown mags

•  Wings Over Scotland - universally mocked/reviled by every independence supporter on this forum
  •  The_Kincardine - staunch (by the classical definition) unionist who's spent several decades not living in Scotland and who spends most of his time on here accusing all independence supporters of "ethno-nationalism," a term he made up to apply to something which doesn't happen
  •  Kuro - formerly Peppino Impostato, the angriest man I've ever seen and the only poster I've ever seen make more outlandish claims than you, including caddying for Condoleeza Rice, being able to get several ex-Scotland internationals together for a game of fives at a moments notice, and that Harry Souttar would be Scotland's starting centre back for a decade. Pretty sure I told him I'd suck his dick if H. Souttar made it to a squad. Kuro is also one of five members currently on my ignore list along with Grim O'Grady, banana, RadgerTheBadger and Rab B Nesbit. I wonder what the other four have in common.

There you go. The bottom line is that Wings Over Scotland is such a twat that Mastermind has posted something 100% accurate in the politics forum for a change. 

There's your next fives match.

16 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

lol wut?

He's obsessed by the gender - trans thing, now he's gone full "Sillars" in attacking the SNP.

He's good when he's forensically dissecting the Unionist media etc.

But I'm starting to get a bit fed up with him tbh. And I was a huge fan.. 

10 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

He has a brother

Yes but the Wiliamson tweet that you posted said "Koch Bros".

The Koch Brothers are the classical liberal equivalent of the left liberal George Soros, Warren Buffet and Michael Bloomberg. They are all billionaires who fund think tanks and campaign groups to promote their political views and policy agendas. I don't have a problem with that but the Left only targets the Kochs because they are economic liberals.

lol wut?

He also claims to have played in a Scottish Cup final, is friends with a former Scotland international defender with between 50 and 60 caps, and offered international relations advice to Joe Biden’s chief of staff. He also claimed Rice was 5ft 0 when she’s actually 5ft 8. Oh and he’s a published children’s author. There are probably more.

It’s absolutely no shock that he worships at the altar of Saint Bath.

On 14/10/2019 at 21:56, Flybhoy said:

To be fair, his libel case against Kezia Dugdale was one of those where you wanted both of them to lose, that they sort of did and Campbell was left with a mother fucker of a legal bill was quite pleasing. 

Just to clarify, Campbell didn't spend two bob of his own cash on his legal bill.

Edited by ayrmad

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

He also claims to have played in a Scottish Cup final, is friends with a former Scotland international defender with between 50 and 60 caps, and offered international relations advice to Joe Biden’s chief of staff. He also claimed Rice was 5ft 0 when she’s actually 5ft 8. Oh and he’s a published children’s author. There are probably more.

I'm sure the Partick fans would easily believe he's friends with, or even is, Gary Caldwell.

I like Wings. I read his website from time to time and generally agree with the articles he writes about independence but don't agree with him on everything. But the way to disagree with people is to debate, not to dismiss them as bigots or whatever. There's far too much of that right now, it's such a bail out. Claim offence and immediately it would appear you are given the upper hand. It shuts down debate, and the independent Scotland that I would like to see is one in which arguments are won and policy made is by robust debate where people can express their view.

I don't quite get what people's problem with his entering this trans debate is either. He's allowed to have views on other things outside of independence and this is a debate that many, not just him, are interested in having. Take Joanna Cherry for example, IMO the SNP's best MP. I don't agree or disagree with his point of view, quite frankly how it's become such a hotly debated topic is a bit baffling to me given the tiny amount of people it affects, but if people want to have this debate then they should be able to have it, and similar debates, without being instantly labelled (insert here)phobe by people who don't agree with them. It's a tactic to shut down debate and for attention seeking shitebags who can't defend their position to bail out with. The whole Dugdale thing was a prime example and I was fully supportive of Wings in that particular case.

His views on Hillsborough might be wrong, he might be right. I wouldn't know, it was before my time. I've never experienced those kinds of stadiums and don't know enough about the incident but if you disagree with him, debate him. Blaming fans for poorly policed and unsafe stadiums on the face of it seems wrong to me so I'd be inclined to disagree with him, but this is where someone from the other side of the argument should tell him he's wrong and why, not just hurl abuse at him.

To be fair, he could have this accusation leveled at him as well. Too often on Twitter he does seem to result to swearing and hurling abuse and for that, he's fair game to be critisised. I think there's a lot to be said for putting forward a point of view eloquently, which I think he often does in his articles with excellent evidence to back up his claims. However, he does have a habit of reducing some issues to insulting people and I do wish sometimes he stick to what he's exceptionally good at on his website which is arguing his side with evidence.

I like Wings. I read his website from time to time and generally agree with the articles he writes about independence but don't agree with him on everything. But the way to disagree with people is to debate, not to dismiss them as bigots or whatever. There's far too much of that right now, it's such a bail out. Claim offence and immediately it would appear you are given the upper hand. It shuts down debate, and the independent Scotland that I would like to see is one in which arguments are won and policy made is by robust debate where people can express their view.

I don't quite get what people's problem with his entering this trans debate is either. He's allowed to have views on other things outside of independence and this is a debate that many, not just him, are interested in having. Take Joanna Cherry for example, IMO the SNP's best MP. I don't agree or disagree with his point of view, quite frankly how it's become such a hotly debated topic is a bit baffling to me given the tiny amount of people it affects, but if people want to have this debate then they should be able to have it, and similar debates, without being instantly labelled (insert here)phobe by people who don't agree with them. It's a tactic to shut down debate and for attention seeking shitebags who can't defend their position to bail out with. The whole Dugdale thing was a prime example and I was fully supportive of Wings in that particular case.

His views on Hillsborough might be wrong, he might be right. I wouldn't know, it was before my time. I've never experienced those kinds of stadiums and don't know enough about the incident but if you disagree with him, debate him. Blaming fans for poorly policed and unsafe stadiums on the face of it seems wrong to me so I'd be inclined to disagree with him, but this is where someone from the other side of the argument should tell him he's wrong and why, not just hurl abuse at him.

To be fair, he could have this accusation leveled at him as well. Too often on Twitter he does seem to result to swearing and hurling abuse and for that, he's fair game to be critisised. I think there's a lot to be said for putting forward a point of view eloquently, which I think he often does in his articles with excellent evidence to back up his claims. However, he does have a habit of reducing some issues to insulting people and I do wish sometimes he stick to what he's exceptionally good at on his website which is arguing his side with evidence.

The findings of the Hillsborough enquiry which judged 96 people were unlawfully killed and led to 5 police officers (2 senior officers for misconduct and 3 juniors for lying about statements) being charged and exonerating the fans tells you he's wrong and that there are no two sides of an argument to be had.

21 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

I don't quite get what people's problem with his entering this trans debate is either.

He labels all trans women as perverts who are only pretending to be women so they can get into ladies toilets. That's my problem with it.

5 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Good luck with that.  

If you do that the c**t blocks you and adds you to his list. 😂

And that's to his discredit. I'm not claiming to be a fan and he's not immune to criticism. It's the manner of some of it that I take issue with.

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The findings of the Hillsborough enquiry which judged 96 people were unlawfully killed and led to 5 police officers (2 senior officers for misconduct and 3 juniors for lying about statements) being charged and exonerating the fans tells you he's wrong and that there are no two sides of an argument to be had.

Like I said, not an issue I'm familiar with and wasn't going to talk about it at all in my post initially. If he's wrong he's wrong. Not claiming he's right about it.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

He labels all trans women as perverts who are only pretending to be women so they can get into ladies toilets. That's my problem with it.

All? I've never seen him claim that every single one is a pervert. If he did, that's obviously incorrect but he's hardly the only person that's raised concerns about protecting single sex spaces in this debate.

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s absolutely no shock that he worships at the altar of Saint Bath.

Don't forget having negotiated 3 major transfers to Scottish top division  teams for himself without the need for an agent.

1 hour ago, Mr Hahn said:

All? I've never seen him claim that every single one is a pervert. If he did, that's obviously incorrect but he's hardly the only person that's raised concerns about protecting single sex spaces in this debate.

Out of the thousands (probably, haven't read them all) tweets he's made about trans rotters taking the pish, usually the same one, I haven't noticed him ever defending a perfectly ordinary pleasant trans woman. Maybe he should do what Viz did when they got flack for their "Thieving Gypsy b*****ds" cartoon.

&key=da431fee65ffade012ce0ff5107e7cdd781