Clydebank v Irvine Meadow

WitsTheGoalieDain?

1st of all wish ben carson a speedy recovery n dont like 2 c a player get injured like he did today no matter what team he plays for. Pitch not 2 blame at all so lets stop that for a start. On to the game very even match and the injury break defo made medda weaker. 3 points bankies hope carson is ok.

Mon the papers

19 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

What I don’t like is every single fake pitch is different . Largs a few weeks ago was dead & needs resurfaced . Today’s park was decent apart from the 20 yard square bit at the dug out , God knows what next weeks park will bring.

I’m not a fan of artificial surfaces but surely you can’t be suggesting that any two grass park are the same or that any grass park plays the same irrespective of the weather ?

I’m not a fan of artificial surfaces but surely you can’t be suggesting that any two grass park are the same or that any grass park plays the same irrespective of the weather ?

If I’ve understood the post, the perspective is that they are all built to a generic spec and should therefore all be more or less the same. The problems start when they’re in constant use, they’re not maintained in line with the requirements or in some cases not laid properly.

The pitch at Holm Park is certainly very bouncy, we noticed that when we played there a few weeks ago. Clydebank's players will no doubt be used to it, but that's no different from any team knowing the way their home pitch plays, regardless of its condition.

If a grass pitch is properly maintained then you will find there of the same spec . Not seen 2 fake pitches the same way yet

26 minutes ago, Blobby said:

Clydebank plastic fake pitch is as fake as them ground stealers calling it home 🤨
Yokers park always was always will be

Always was and always will be what?..

This argument over different types of artificial surfaces is ridiculous. You can literally play on a bowling green one game (thinking of troon or meadow as an example in past) then a quagmire the next (could list dozens). 

The difference between grass pitches and artificial is much more likely to determine the way a team plays. Sure there are differences with bounce on the astros but as mentioned doesn’t stop you getting the ball down and playing. 

Fwiw meadow never struggled with the bounce yesterday, your backline left huge gaps and lack of pace made a clip pass over the top between ur fullback and centre half (8 I think opposite gow) on all day. Unless the air is different density in Clydebank to Irvine🤣🤣