Clydebank v Irvine Meadow

WitsTheGoalieDain?

Struggled with the surface - it’s a beautiful big carpet to play on😂

If I’m honest for an hour both teams cancelled each other out, football wasn’t great at all. But we slowly took control before the horrible injury (wish him well) and really went on the front foot after that.

Brilliant win against a big physical side who looked full of confidence.

Ground out the result today and good to win ugly as well! Horrendous injury and wish Carson a speedy recovery, although rubbed a bit of salt in the wounds that the ambulance was still in the car park when our 2 goals went in!

Aye I’m sure Ben was bothered while sitting in an ambulance with a broken ankle, looking at a lengthy time out of the game and time off work.

I’m not using that as an excuse by any means but if those pitches are the future of football then I’m done with it. The ball bounced at least 4/5 feet higher than it would have on a properly maintained grass pitch.

13 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Aye I’m sure Ben was bothered while sitting in an ambulance with a broken ankle, looking at a lengthy time out of the game and time off work.

I did feel sorry for him having to listen to the cheers. Hope he recovers quickly - looked / sounded dreadful. Best wishes to him. 

Also felt for the keeper. Had a really solid game until the opener then hiz confidence looked shot ... 

Great win for us ... I think around 30 /33 point mark will be safe - and we're 2/3 of the way there after 13 games. Starting to look upwards ... well done to the players and management 

Aye we’ll stick with the old Holm Park surface absolute cow field or a bigger, level turf field where good footballers can play. 

of course everyone would love to have the perfect grass pitch, but the surface is absolutely fine and definitely the future for most community clubs like ourselves.

I did feel sorry for him having to listen to the cheers. Hope he recovers quickly - looked / sounded dreadful. Best wishes to him. 
Also felt for the keeper. Had a really solid game until the opener then hiz confidence looked shot ... 
Great win for us ... I think around 30 /33 point mark will be safe - and we're 2/3 of the way there after 13 games. Starting to look upwards ... well done to the players and management 

I agree I thought our keeper did well for his debut up until the goal. Our first choice is out for at least 2 months after breaking his finger against Pollok last week.

We were outstanding today, every player. What a difference moff has made, players who's confidence looked shot a few months ago looking like different players. What a reaction save from waters when it was 0-0, Hepburn when he came on looked lively and got the goal. Young Matt Mclean at the back looking  a real player. The guy was really unfortunate with the injury, he made a great tackle to stop shelvey getting a shot away and looked like his full weight landed on the ankle. Best wishes to him.

56 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes and then the pointed remark about the surface. Even heard some rocket say thats what injured your player.

Tbh I don’t think you can 100% rule out the Astro causing the injury, heard someone say his left studs got caught in the turf as he was kicking the ball with his right leg, dont think it was him landing on it at all, I think his foot was already planted. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

I really did not mean to trivialize the extent of that injury and i really am sorry if u feel that was the intent! 

Tbh I don’t think you can 100% rule out the Astro causing the injury, heard someone say his left studs got caught in the turf as he was kicking the ball with his right leg, dont think it was him landing on it at all, I think his foot was already planted. Who knows? 

We’ve had players seriously injured turning or landing on grass parks and that’s never given as a factor. Its a well maintained pitch and will last as there will be contingency to maintain and replace it. Really felt for the guy and wish him a very speedy recovery.

Obviously not at today’s game but I was at another fake grass game earlier at Bens v Rossvale . It’s getting now that I’m picking & choosing my game now depending on the surface. Another piss poor excuse for a game. Was it the surface? Was it 2 poor teams? Thems the questions. I do know I’m not enjoying this fake grass , can’t put a decent tackle in pish that I’m seeing most weeks . Thank f**k us at Ladeside still have a cracking grass park to play on

astro pitches have came on leaps and bounds over the years from the solid sand base ones that I would play on which were concrete but the ones now are far better but not perfect still a few more generations yet to come before they will be classed as acceptable. But when players get injured the first excuse is blame the pitch and we can like or hate them but it's all about opinions that these pitches cause injuries that wouldn't happen on a grass park? My thoughts are not a fan of them dont know what it's like to play on them as I'm too old too play anymore but what we have to remember now the generation of players have now grown up with them and a lot of players I speak to seem to like them . But what I find funny is the amount of fans who have hated these surfaces over the years and now their team have installed one they change their minds and try to defend them . 

astro pitches have came on leaps and bounds over the years from the solid sand base ones that I would play on which were concrete but the ones now are far better but not perfect still a few more generations yet to come before they will be classed as acceptable. But when players get injured the first excuse is blame the pitch and we can like or hate them but it's all about opinions that these pitches cause injuries that wouldn't happen on a grass park? My thoughts are not a fan of them dont know what it's like to play on them as I'm too old too play anymore but what we have to remember now the generation of players have now grown up with them and a lot of players I speak to seem to like them . But what I find funny is the amount of fans who have hated these surfaces over the years and now their team have installed one they change their minds and try to defend them . 

Never seen Bankies fans complaining about a good quality astroturf surface.

Wishing a speedy recovery to the meadow captain. Whatever team this happens too it is not pleasant.
Going on to the game even first half. Bankies much the better team in the second and thoroughly deserved the win. The whole team playing good football. Defence excellent midfield and up front fantastic. Long may it continue.

Congrats to Clydebank today, thought first half was pretty even but hard to argue against yous winning the game after the 2nd half. 

Just seen on the Meadow twitter that Ben has a fractured and dislocated ankle and is going in for surgery tomorrow! Fingers crossed it’s successful and he gets back captaining the team soon!