Celtic v Ross County

Just now, humbleheart said:

Not heard the interviews but can i bags the, “we’ll dust ourselves down after this” in cliche bingo by our amazing Dreamteam management duo

That's exactly what we will do. 

What else would you expect them to say?

A 6-0 defeat but not being one of life's losers, clad head-to-toe in Leprechaun 4: In Space cosplay gear? I'll take that 4U0m6pP.png

Spoiler

I expected a doing today, particularly after Celtic's defeat to Livingston. But the manner of the defeat was pathetic - it could have been double figures. County did well to get to the break at 1-0, and at that point you're thinking "hold on to this for 10 minutes and maybe the crowd starts to turn a bit". Obviously that didn't happen and the total capitulation within five minutes of the second-half was embarrassing. Celtic didn't even have to work for it. I knew it was going to be 6 or 7 after Watson - who had a decent game up to that point - gifted them the second goal.  The manner of the defeat rather than the final score is the bit that annoyed me the most.

Still, we're in a decent position albeit with a very difficult run of games coming up. There's a few things needing tweaked in the squad though.

Jeremie Frimpong might well roast every winger in the league, but you can add him to the list of right-backs who Gardyne has no hope of keeping up with anymore when they are on the front foot.  I don't see the sense of playing Gardyne on the wing away from home against the top six teams and that was the case two years ago.  I don't mean to particularly single Gardyne out, because some of those goals yesterday were shockers, but it's an obvious area to improve on.

7 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Jeremie Frimpong might well roast every winger in the league, but you can add him to the list of right-backs who Gardyne has no hope of keeping up with anymore when they are on the front foot.  I don't see the sense of playing Gardyne on the wing away from home against the top six teams and that was the case two years ago.  I don't mean to particularly single Gardyne out, because some of those goals yesterday were shockers, but it's an obvious area to improve on.

I've always thought relying on Gardyne in a defensive situation is a disaster waiting to happen. He'll try, but he's too wee. Shay Logan absolutely loved it when Gardyne marked him.