Living in Glasgow

Jambomo

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I do love it when these threads periodically come around.  The posters weighed down with the huge chips on their shoulders about Scotland's Largest And Greatest City flock to them like moths to a flame. 

It's a forum, you'll get different views on things, although the mink map posted by hedgecutter is fact.

I do love it when these threads periodically come around.  The posters weighed down with the huge chips on their shoulders about Scotland's Largest And Greatest City flock to them like moths to a flame. 

Why do you use the fact Glasgow is the largest city as some sort of stick to beat Edinburgh with when ever these arguments come around? The fact it is marginally bigger doesn’t matter a f**k. Edinburgh will be the bigger city come 2030 anyway.

I started off in Pollokshields and have slowly made my way south to Shawlands via Strathbungo.

Some great pubs, brunch spots and a huge park on our doorstep. 

Living by the Subway is handy but I find using the train is fine.

We'll probably move farther south in a couple of years.

8 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Poverty maps. Such a laugh.

There's nothing funny about it, especially if you're from East or North Ayrshire.

MM4.JPG.9664b574b50695fc2e19da16b250efdd.JPG

MM5.JPG.1e2995c76480290e5549cc24b2c4ce38.JPG

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

It's a forum, you'll get different views on things, although the mink map posted by hedgecutter is fact.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Why do you use the fact Glasgow is the largest city as some sort of stick to beat Edinburgh with when ever these arguments come around? The fact it is marginally bigger doesn’t matter a f**k. Edinburgh will be the bigger city come 2030 anyway.

17 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

The OP fucked up by getting a job in Glasgow and now questioning where they should live. EH6 is the best area to call home. 😎

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

If Glasgow is so great can someone explain why there are so many shitehole parts full of poverty?

source (6).gif

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's brilliant.

Can almost taste their inferiority complex.

To avoid the perpetual bickering between stupid boastful bigoted weegies and arsey chip-on-their-shoulder Edinburgers, following Scottish independence a new capital city should be built, a Brasilia of Northern Europe.