Living in Glasgow

Jambomo

I moved to Pollokshields when I moved down, but mine was more a case of moving in a hurry and the landlord didn’t want a deposit. Was generally fine, close enough to the Subway and some amazing takeaways. Glad of the experience of living in such a diverse area tbh.

Best area I’ve lived in was GWR around Anniesland, cracking transport links and generally a good area Was 12 odd years ago now but can’t imagine it’s changed too much.

Have stayed in some pits too, Royston was an eye opener for sure but that was again more out of necessity.

I commute from Lanarkshire now which is fine, I probably do miss the city vibe but I get a lot more bang for my buck now I’m on the property ladder.

Somewhere to the West would be my suggestion Knightswood (shut up), Anniesland, Partick, Whiteinch etc. 

This, whiteinch is decent these days and bus every minute into city centre and not too far from westend. Scotstoun also.. don't go further west along Dumbarton rd though ie Yoker etc... It goes way downhill

I've lived in various cities in various countries.

As a complete package Glasgow is hard to beat. It's a fantastic place.

The most telling thing I'd say about living in Glasgow is that people I know who moved there from other parts of Scotland tend to not go home.

10 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I've lived in various cities in various countries.

As a complete package Glasgow is hard to beat. It's a fantastic place.

The most telling thing I'd say about living in Glasgow is that people I know who moved there from other parts of Scotland tend to not go home.

images (3).jpeg