Living in Glasgow

Jambomo

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Chock full of Rangers fans i think.

I have lived in Edinburgh all my life so I am happy to try somewhere new. The OH isn't very keen though, I might be able to persuade him though. mainly by threatening that he'll be homeless if I f**k off :)

I thought I'd murdered them all? Must try harder and carry out a fresh sweep. 

Anywhere smallish, not far outside Glasgow with good pubs and transport links? Might have to move nearby for family reasons in the next year or so. Maybe somewhere on the coast? Maybe Helensburgh? Don't know the area at all.

Edited by welshbairn

Stayed in Finnieston when I was a student a LONG time ago.  Can’t believe the change in the place now.  Every time I go there, there’s so much change to pubs/restaurants etc.  Lovely place, near the city centre and west end as well as parks etc.  Not good for parking.  No idea what the rent is nowadays. 

Anywhere smallish, not far outside Glasgow with good pubs and transport links? Might have to move nearby for family reasons in the next year or so. Maybe somewhere on the coast? Maybe Helensburgh? Don't know the area at all.
Largs is lovely (about 50 minute on train to Glasgow) if yer looking at something coastal. Also has a good football team if thats of interest to you

1 hour ago, Stu said:

You want a place on Ruel Street.

Ruel street is actually alright, in the southside, right next to Mount Florida station, near Shawlands. Unfortunately it's also right next to Hampden.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Paisley and you can play computer games with Wisbit.

As Knightswood Bear rightly stated, welcome to Scotland’s best city.

If you’re looking for somewhere that isn’t going to break the bank, I would recommend Dennistoun. You’ll get much more for your money in comparison to the west end, and ample parking, depending on which street you are looking at. Good transport links from Alexandra Parade/Duke St, both buses and trains, which would allow you easy access to the subway at Buchanan St/St Enoch.

The commute would be murder, and mental expensive. My girlfriend works in Edinburgh three days a week, leaving the house at 7am and rarely back before 7pm. No life if you’ve got to do that five days a week.

Once again, well done on making the right choice.

Prefer commuting. Rather have a nice house in Gourock than a wee shitey overpriced flat in Glasgow. Surrounded by OF fans (probably).

Edinburgh to Glasgow would be a bit too far though. 1hr is enough for me.

Regarding commutes, my eyes were opened by working in a team half of whom are in London.  Some people drive two hours in the morning and then again at night to get home, and that can be extended with bad weather or roadworks.  I've got colleagues who get up at 4am to come into the office.  Madness.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Dumbarton could be right up your street, we've got a castle, an excellent chippy, a wee football team that tore Ray McKinnon a new hole (arab days) & magnificent views across the Clyde Riviera.