The Spartans v The Queen's Park

Very important game, particularly in terms of getting the confidence back. Nightmares from the last game v The Spartans still abound.

Quite encouraging that they have lost their last couple of games to teams that they'd be expected to beat, and both have been at home.

Possibly no Reagan Thomson as he has been included in the Scotland under 17 pool for three qualification games over the next couple of weeks.

Away win.

It's an urban myth that all synthetic surfaces are the same. Just like grass pitches, they wear and tear. It was interesting watching Saturday's big match at Lesser how slow the ball ran and how relatively normal the bounce was.  Very different at Ainslie Park.  Hopefully our recent visit there will help our lads get a grip early.

No danger of Marko trying a B squad here like the Celtic game. None of this group will have the baggage that the fans will have about the last Scottish Cup tie between these two (for what it's worth, Bo'ness was much worse). Just another Saturday. Must win though, for many reasons.

Forecast: Just one more goal than Spartans will do me.

Huge game for the team and a huge game for Mark Roberts. If we show what we showed in the League Cup and opening few league games, we should win and win well. 

There's no doubting that the team could do with a wee boost. We have decent enough players, but we need to get a wee bit more streetwise, nasty and clinical. We should be turning up here on Saturday with a bit of swagger, but not complacency and try to put in a dominant performance that shows why we're a level above. 

Edited by an86

Currently in Edinburgh on a family break but will break away from the family fun to attend this match. Better not let me down Spiders as I've had to cash in a couple favours to go to Ainslie plus the added danger of my wife let loose at Ocean Terminal with the credit cards.

Really hope that Mark Roberts has a plan 'B' as the reason we lost last ime is because Spartans played with a very high press, thereby completely negating our ability to play from the back. They then won the long ball game simply because they were physically stronger than us. If we can't get to play our passing game then we have to win the battle, so for this game I hope we start with Mortimer and Agyeman instead of Grant and Purdue. Cold steel - they don't like it up 'em!

Glad to be in the hat for the next round, just want a winnable tie. Can tell Roberts isn’t able to trust Grant or Mortimer at full back just now, might see Block play at right back for the foreseeable future. 
Great to see Alfie score and get off the mark, he’s raw but I think there is a load of potential to work with. Winger is definitely his strongest position. 
Obviously Elgin will be a much tougher fixture next week, however I’d be keen to keep that line up and give it a good go 

No real problems after the first ten minutes and nice to get revenge for 2006 ( Don't really care about last season's league Cup win).

And thanks to Elgin for dispatching Berwick at the first attempt, meaning we avoid a midweek trip to Elgin!

A few hairy moments early on but gradually got ourselves into the game and deserved the two goals. Alfie had a terrific first half. Bit quieter in the second. I was glad to see the back of the Spartans number 11 at half time as he was causing most of the problems down our right hand side. Familiar story for us second half. Lots of opportunities all squandered. Interesting wee rant from Gibby directed at the fowards following one such failure to find the net. Nice bit of banter with Bolo man of many clubs towards the end with our section of the stand.