Hearts v Rangers Sunday 20th Oct, 12:15

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Not many teams will come away from Tynecastle this season with a point.

I know we were poor but Hearts didn't look as clueless as they've been made out to have been this season. 

In all seriousness that was a really gutsy performance by Hearts, like Livingston did to us a fortnight ago they were in Rangers faces and scrapped for every ball, using the physical strength of their players to rattle the opposition. 

Some finish from the Japanese boy for the goal although, as pointed out by many, James Tavernier is due an assist for that. The fact he scores a penalty most weeks kind of masks the fact he is a terrible defender and bang average footballer. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

I know we were poor but Hearts didn't look as clueless as they've been made out to have been this season. 

6 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

In all seriousness that was a really gutsy performance by Hearts, like Livingston did to us a fortnight ago they were in Rangers faces and scrapped for every ball, using the physical strength of their players to rattle the opposition.

I said pre-season that I was relatively optimistic about Hearts and saw no real reason not to be. It's mid-October and I stand by it. I don't think we're as bad as some like to make out, but we have been playing very poorly. Those are not the same thing.

We've got some good players in the team and more to come back. Step in the right direction today, but it needs to be more consistent.

We've played well and won at Motherwell and Hibs this season and we were very unlucky to lose at Aberdeen and we did knock them out the League Cup, which we're in the last four of. Some people speak as if we're like Livi 2005/06 or something, but there's clearly a good team in there somewhere.

Edited by JTS98

If hearts can add a fit Naisy to that team then they should start climbing up the table,  we were lucky to  come away with a point. We really miss Ryan Jack in midfield. 

It was like being  back in the championship against hearts. 

I've noticed for a while that you can tell what the result of a Rangers game was just by going onto the Bears Den and looking at the top 5 or 6 threads.

2120843321_Screenshot2019-10-20at14_34_41.png.3d454282b0ee13c1b9ff62528092c176.png

If black players are being singled out, it usually means that ra bears haven't won. M8.png.5fe23a34ad020b9ab6554f6e87ffa2fa.png

A day of ugly but effective sport today with the second halves of both egg-chasing semi finals being won by cynical and thoroughly unattractive teams.  While Hearts didn't deserve to win they thoroughly deserved their point but, by Christ, it was dire football.

We couldn't adequately match them and our midfield looked clueless for most of the game.  Still, if you're a Hearts fan you'll be delighted with a hard-won point.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

A day of ugly but effective sport today with the second halves of both egg-chasing semi finals being won by cynical and thoroughly unattractive teams.  While Hearts didn't deserve to win they thoroughly deserved their point but, by Christ, it was dire football.

We couldn't adequately match them and our midfield looked clueless for most of the game.  Still, if you're a Hearts fan you'll be delighted with a hard-won point.

giphy.gif

To be fair Clare is a dreadful player.

If he was simply bad at football then he wouldn’t be so annoying

Clare is like a microcosm of this hearts side.

You can’t help but feel he should be more effective than he is.

He’s reminiscent of Michael Stewart in his playing days in that respect

17 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

All logic points to 4-0 Rangers thumping which means it will be a turgid 1-1 draw and everyone will be raging.

You weren't far off. Plenty of people are happy though.

When will Rangers realise that Tavernier is a complete liability at the back? Hopefully never, obviously.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

You weren't far off. Plenty of people are happy though.

When will Rangers realise that Tavernier is a complete liability at the back? Hopefully never, obviously.

His confidence is down at the moment,  its happened before and he's bounced back from it.