November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

We've a clutch of centre backs who are all either shite, bombscares, headless chickens, average on a good day at best or very tentatively maybe a prospect who will likely become one of the other categories but still provides meagre hope for the future.

Given the above may as well give Devlin and McKenna a run as a partnership until/unless someone else is banging the door down.  At least they seem alright in the SPL and play regularly together. I'd hate to see known dross like Hanley or Mulgrew come back in the future.

Serbia squeaking past Luxembourg tonight

I wonder how our lads will get on in one of their last possible warm ups for a home semi final to qualify for effectively a home tournament

Oh wait, they can't even be fucked turning up

2 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Listening to Jonny Russell last night

Says Chris Martin is the best striker he’s ever played with

Has great touch, awareness and so strong and powerful

Playing regularly in the Championship this season and has scored goals

Never mind, we’ve got Shankland

Crazy

We’ve lost enough of our best players through injury and retirals to be ignoring our best available striker

Firstly what do you mean listening to Jonny Russell? Does he have his own show? Or did you phone him?

Secondly just because Jonny Russell says an opinion, it does nor mean he is correct.

Thirdly Chris Martin has played for Scotland, quite a few times. And was shite.

Fourthly (if there is such a word) he's only got 3 goals in 10 games. It's hardly banging down the door. There is another striker available to Scotland playing in the Championship who has 9 in 16 and is only 22. 

So go and call Jonny Russell back, or ring his talk show and inform him. That both him and you are incorrect.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Firstly what do you mean listening to Jonny Russell? Does he have his own show? Or did you phone him?

Secondly just because Jonny Russell says an opinion, it does nor mean he is correct.

Fourthly (if there is such a word) he's only got 3 goals in 10 games. It's hardly banging down the door. There is another striker available to Scotland playing in the Championship who has 9 in 16 and is only 22. 

So go and call Jonny Russell back, or ring his talk show and inform him. That both him and you are incorrect.

Still looked far better than Mcburnie ever has for Scotland and who knows how many he would score in the Scottish Championship. Martin isn’t the best Striker Scotland has but he’s clearly one of the better ones of those available and should make The squad. Only reasonable target man type I can think of if Fletcher no longer wants to play.

8 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Still looked far better than Mcburnie ever has for Scotland and who knows how many he would score in the Scottish Championship. Martin isn’t the best Striker Scotland has but he’s clearly one of the better ones of those available and should make The squad. Only reasonable target man type I can think of if Fletcher no longer wants to play.

Know what, I actually wouldn't be against bringing the guy in for another look.

It was more the ridiculous picture that was painted there of Chris Martin that I was disagreeing with.

I don't know if he's looked far better than Mcburnie for us tho. They have both been really poor for Scotland. But christ who else do we have at the moment.

Personally I'd be starting with Shankland.

9 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Personally I'd have Martin involved.  He rarely looked that good for us, but he rarely had the chance to have a proper go at it.  He was often the throw-him-on-for-the-last-few option, and I don't think we ever really played to anything approaching his strengths.  So I'd have him involved.

But having said that, it's just another example of the "aye but if we had him" crowd of players.   The worst player to pull on a Scotland shirt when he's involved, and hot shit whenever he isn't.  Schroedinger's massive arsed striker.  We've seen it with Fletcher, Griffiths and Rhodes.  Even with Shankland slightly.  It's easy to point to someone who isn't getting a chance and talk them up, without really thinking that there's probably a very good reason why they're not there.

15 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Listening to Jonny Russell last night

Says Chris Martin is the best striker he’s ever played with

Has great touch, awareness and so strong and powerful

Playing regularly in the Championship this season and has scored goals

Never mind, we’ve got Shankland

Crazy

We’ve lost enough of our best players through injury and retirals to be ignoring our best available striker

And of course Jonny Russell's opinion is all that matters, not to mention Martin is his old Derby buddy so not as if he's biased or anything.

I'm also pretty sure he's never played with Shankland so is in no position to compare and given that he himself is plying his trade in a mickey mouse league full of pensioners and college kids I'd really take his opinions with a very large pinch of salt..............

Marshall
Palmer Devlin McKenna Taylor
Jack Fleck
Forrest McGinn Christie
McBurnie/Shankland
McGregor will play. One of the two you've posted will start at RDM, but I'm not quite sure who, and the strikers are a lottery.

Swap Christie and Forrest too.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

McGregor will play. One of the two you've posted will start at RDM, but I'm not quite sure who, and the strikers are a lottery.

Swap Christie and Forrest too.

No doubt as Clarke clearly loves him but I’d rather he didn’t - haven’t been impressed by him in a while.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

not to mention Martin is his old Derby buddy so not as if he's biased or anything.

He said he was the best he’s played with as presumably that was the question he was asked. Chances are he’s not going to have many teammates he hates.

I actually thought McGregor was outstanding in both matches against Lazio and that's as high a level of form as anyone in our squad can bring to the table.

I actually thought McGregor was outstanding in both matches against Lazio and that's as high a level of form as anyone in our squad can bring to the table.
To be fair, he's not really shown that for us in a while, unless he's able to link up with Robbo and/or Fraser.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:
3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

To be fair, he's not really shown that for us in a while, unless he's able to link up with Robbo and/or Fraser.

This is True, however Robertson has arguably been one of our worst performers in recent matches by getting caught out of position at crucial moments and also making rash decisions but I doubt if any would have called for him to be dropped if fit.

In fairness it would be good, just for once, to have a full squad to choose from so everyone could just concentrate on playing their own position and let the rest take care of itself.

As it stands I think too many of our players are worrying about other areas of the pitch and as such are actually failing in doing their own job......