November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

I take it that Matt Phillips has retired as well?

So that would be Phillips, Snodgrass and Ritchie all retired. 2 from the Premiership and 1 at the top of the Championship.

Yeh, I know, they’re all shite, just cos they play in England doesn’t mean they’re any good, etc, bla bla

But with Fraser out it means we’re left calling up Lewis Morgan

That’s what were left with when all these shite Premiership players retire

And with McTominay out we could have done with McArthur in the side, or even Scott Brown

How come Wales, and the Ireland’s don’t have this number of guys retiring?

c***s, the lot of them

I think Phillips is in the same boat as Tierney.

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I take it that Matt Phillips has retired as well?

So that would be Phillips, Snodgrass and Ritchie all retired. 2 from the Premiership and 1 at the top of the Championship.

Yeh, I know, they’re all shite, just cos they play in England doesn’t mean they’re any good, etc, bla bla

But with Fraser out it means we’re left calling up Lewis Morgan

That’s what were left with when all these shite Premiership players retire

And with McTominay out we could have done with McArthur in the side, or even Scott Brown

How come Wales, and the Ireland’s don’t have this number of guys retiring?

c***s, the lot of them

And why is Callum Paterson ignored by Clarke? He can play anywhere on the right. 

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Isn’t he still injured? And shite at right back?

Paterson was on the Cardiff bench on Saturday. Warnock played him as a winger/forward over the last two seasons.

Better option than Lewis Morgan who was poor for Sunderland in League One. League Two/Scottish Championship is probably his level. 

I was interested to see that despite a rare Scotland game live on TV this Saturday afternoon, only the South of Scotland League has moved games (into Friday night)... plus a single Junior game at Longside. Unless for TV or ground clashes all other matches - including the Challenge Cup - go ahead on Saturday afternoon. Tuesday night also sees Kelty v Berwick and Hill of Beath v Dunfermline clash with a home international.

Like the Dundee Utd v Alloa game last year this would've been unheard of till now and is another illustration of the apathy/disinterest, IMO.

I was interested to see that despite a rare Scotland game live on TV this Saturday afternoon, only the South of Scotland League has moved games (into Friday night)... plus a single Junior game at Longside. Unless for TV or ground clashes all other matches - including the Challenge Cup - go ahead on Saturday afternoon. Tuesday night also sees Kelty v Berwick and Hill of Beath v Dunfermline clash with a home international.

Like the Dundee Utd v Alloa game last year this would've been unheard of till now and is another illustration of the apathy/disinterest, IMO.
Fife Cup more important than Scotland right now.

Alternatively being put out to talk about how much he wants to play for Scotland after his club manager tried to throw him under the bus to play to his gallery. I agree Jack should start on Saturday though.

Edited by craigkillie

Alternatively being put out to talk about how much he wants to play for Scotland after his club manager tried to throw him under the bus to play to his gallery. I agree Jack should start on Saturday though.

Surely not, I thought Rangers players and fans all hated Scotland and the SFA.

Can someone who's not as lazy as me post a who we could have had available starting line up v who we do have eleven? 

McGregor
Tierney, Cooper, Kingsley, Robertson
Ritchie, McTominay, McArthur, Fraser
Fletcher, Martin

V

Marshall
Palmer, McKenna, Devlin, Shinnie
Christie, Fleck, McGinn, McGregor
Forrest, McBurnie

8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

McGregor
Tierney, Cooper, Kingsley, Robertson
Ritchie, McTominay, McArthur, Fraser
Fletcher, Martin

V

Marshall
Palmer, McKenna, Devlin, Shinnie
Christie, Fleck, McGinn, McGregor
Forrest, McBurnie

Cheers! Only one winner there really? 

Guest DAVIDB69

Had no idea who porteous was didn’t strachan day a while ago that he allowed players to pick and choose games.

Fraser has had a really poor season anyway compared to last season but club form is immaterial anyway when squads are chosen

On 12/11/2019 at 22:43, HibeeJibee said:

Seems a fair enough decision, to be honest.  I'd far rather watch the Super Tunnocks Cup than see us fumble our way through a completely pointless international.  I don't remember a time where we've had this level of apathy, right enough.  Which must (or at least should) be really worrying for Clarke.  We've been put out after something like 6 games before, one of the earliest in Europe, and yet disinterest still seems higher today when we have a playoff in March.  

Although don't they always put these games on against Scotland games?  Or is it usually that we're playing on any day that isn't a Saturday, so there's rarely a clash?

They're not pointless though, are they? Being 3rd seeds for the next round of qualifying is vital to our chances no? Also, I'd fucking hate to see us finish below Cyprus or Kazakhstan, that'd be utter minter material right there. I'm betting we f**k up in Cyprus and finish below them in 4th.