November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

Anyone calling for Danny Wilson to get a call up needs their head checked.

The MLS is absolutely rotten and is of a lesser standard than the Scottish Premiership.

When I saw him play for Colorado Rapids he was playing as a defensive mid and basically played in a 10 yard radius. In that game Sam Nicholson also tore a defence apart, that tells you all you need to know about American "soccer"

If Liam Lindsay is getting regular game time then I would say call him up to have a look at him atleast. 

Worrying trend of the EPL players calling off. Hopefully there wont be any more 

The MLS is absolutely rotten and is of a lesser standard than the Scottish Premiership.
When I saw him play for Colorado Rapids he was playing as a defensive mid and basically played in a 10 yard radius. In that game Sam Nicholson also tore a defence apart, that tells you all you need to know about American "soccer"
If Liam Lindsay is getting regular game time then I would say call him up to have a look at him atleast. 
I think Stoke fans hate Liam Lindsay due to his performances this season. No idea if that's justified, but it's not exactly promising.

Sputter for Scotland.
Get him capped, Clarke, you c**t.

Sputter and Mubtumbo could be the partnership that sees us through these rocky times!!!
Surely these two at the back would not only see off the likes of the Kazakhstan’s and Cypriots but also propel us to future Euro glory???

When they all come crawling back looking to be involved in the play off, tell them to bugger off.

Getting sick of this, paying top dollar to watch sub standard football at random times of the week and the players are not even arsed to turn up.

Does not reflect well on the manager either after his horrendous start.

But we're not a club side with a limited budget or squad size. We have the choice of basically every Scottish left-back that exists, we don't need to be picking an average right-back there to do a job.

Palmer has played left back most of the season

Other than Bryan or Targett, who would be better?

42 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Does this situation finally put to rest the theory that Scotland players were withdrawing because of McLeish?

The worse we become the more 'meaningless' games we have. By the time the play-offs come around they will be our first meaningful games (in the sense that the 3 points/win will affect qualification) for close to 2 years. The more pointless games we have the more sense it makes for players to miss games, and the results get worse. It's a vicious cycle. You also have the lack of competition for places so players aren't going to be fussed about missing out because they know they'll walk back into the team.

The only way any manager will fix this issue is to start winning games which will ensure we have more meaningful games and competition for places. McLeish was only to blame in that he contributed to us losing games, not directly because the players disliked him.

The worse we become the more 'meaningless' games we have. By the time the play-offs come around they will be our first meaningful games (in the sense that the 3 points/win will affect qualification) for close to 2 years. The more pointless games we have the more sense it makes for players to miss games, and the results get worse. It's a vicious cycle. You also have the lack of competition for places so players aren't going to be fussed about missing out because they know they'll walk back into the team.
The only way any manager will fix this issue is to start winning games which will ensure we have more meaningful games and competition for places. McLeish was only to blame in that he contributed to us losing games, not directly because the players disliked him.

It’s also probably fair to say that Clarke has done nothing whatsoever to redress any of the issues you’ve pointed out. Other than Marshall, not one of the players who made themselves unavailable for McLeish has made himself available now.

56 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, superkillieaway said:

I think Stoke fans hate Liam Lindsay due to his performances this season. No idea if that's justified, but it's not exactly promising.

I get the feeling anyone from Stoke would just hate anyone else anyway.  Probably doesn't help that big Liam's a handsome ride.

I have no perspective on his footballing ability these days though.  Suspect the ship has sailed for him given he's been overlooked for so long.

The worse we become the more 'meaningless' games we have. By the time the play-offs come around they will be our first meaningful games (in the sense that the 3 points/win will affect qualification) for close to 2 years.

The Russia game at Hampden was our last meaningful game. Had we won that we would have been very much in the race for qualification (likely needing 3 wins v the minnows and a draw in Moscow).

That is only 6 months back from the play-offs, so I have no idea where the 2 years come from.

Even if you discount that (which would be an odd thing to do), the Kazakhstan away game was only a year previously.