November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My understanding is that Kingsley has mainly played centre-back for Hull, but nonetheless he'd be worth including.

Especially as Clarke has not called up a replacement for Cooper. Kingsley is at least playing first-team football in the Championship.

Barry Douglas was on the Leeds bench on Saturday. Taylor can't even get on the Celtic bench but gets called up. 

Clarke has lost the plot already. 

Had a look at transfermarkt and Kingsley hasn't started a game since 21st September, only making the bench once since then so it doesn't seem like there's many fit left backs playing regularly at the moment at all.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

lol wut

What's he ever done to get a call up? Hes, literally, living off one decent season in the Scottish second tier for St Mirren.  

Has never scored a top flight goal in Scotland, barely contributed to a English League One side last season, and has already dropped below a younger Scottish winger at club level. Hes played just shy of 100 minutes in the league this season.

I'm genuinely curious as to why hes getting called up.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Are you the Grim Reaper?

That's one of the best posts I think that I've ever read on here, I've literally been in hysterics for the past 5 mins.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Had a look at transfermarkt and Kingsley hasn't started a game since 21st September, only making the bench once since then so it doesn't seem like there's many fit left backs playing regularly at the moment at all.

Danny Fox is in a very similar position to Kingsley - playing at CB and being left out of the squad in recent weeks.

But he was back on Wigan's bench on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's he ever done to get a call up? Hes, literally, living off one decent season in the Scottish second tier for St Mirren.  

Has never scored a top flight goal in Scotland, barely contributed to a English League One side last season, and has already dropped below a younger Scottish winger at club level. Hes played just shy of 100 minutes in the league this season.

I'm genuinely curious as to why hes getting called up.

You said why should anyone bother if Lewis Morgan is being called up. The only reason he's called up is because others aren't bothering their arse. I'm not saying Morgan deserves his call up but to say that's a reason for others not caring is nonsense.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You said why should anyone bother if Lewis Morgan is being called up. The only reason he's called up is because others aren't bothering their arse. I'm not saying Morgan deserves his call up but to say that's a reason for others not caring is nonsense.

Well whys he being called up? If those selecting the squad aren't taking it seriously, why should those being called up?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well whys he being called up? If those selecting the squad aren't taking it seriously, why should those being called up?

Why should Ryan Fraser take his call up seriously if Lewis Morgan is his replacement? That's your argument here?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Why should Ryan Fraser take his call up seriously if Lewis Morgan is his replacement? That's your argument here?

My argument is that players aren't being called up on merit, so why should any of them think its something to be proud of.

Really good contribution. Fanny.
Robertson has had good games for Scotland, but it's easy for everyone to hit out with "HE'S ALWAYS SHITE FOR US" because they can't remember beyond the last bad performance.

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Because that’s what really matters, right? Not the fact that players left, right and centre can’t pass the ball ten yards accurately.

who said it mattered? i said at least he's not just fuckin off even though he's not available to play, you get the same ones who dont even bother their arse showing up fit or not.

My argument is that players aren't being called up on merit, so why should any of them think its something to be proud of.

Your argument is a bit backwards. Certain players seem to withdraw themselves from “meaningless games” and certain people seem to think that’s acceptable. Tell me this, if we were in a position to qualify over the 2 games would Robertson and Fraser have been withdrawn? Not a chance. These games aren’t meaningless, it’s a chance to get prepared for the nations league games and will be our final two games before then. What kind of message does it send to the rest of the squad when certain players seem to be allowed to pick and choose what games they’re involved in. No matter how good or talented the players who are choosing not to play are, they shouldn’t be considered in the future imo.

Robertson has had good games for Scotland, but it's easy for everyone to hit out with "HE'S ALWAYS SHITE FOR US" because they can't remember beyond the last bad performance.

This is the second time he’s withdrawn from a game where there’s not much to be gained. He’s quite clearly not injured and he shouldn’t be allowed to pick and choose his games, no matter how talented he is.

International football seems to be a chore for certain people in the Scotland setup.

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

This is the second time he’s withdrawn from a game where there’s not much to be gained. He’s quite clearly not injured and he shouldn’t be allowed to pick and choose his games, no matter how talented he is.

International football seems to be a chore for certain people in the Scotland setup.

How do you know?

It’s really not as easy as it used to be for our international manager.

Folk don’t like it, but the sad truth is that some players don’t give a f**k about playing for Scotland.

It’s also true that the manager will have to speak to various club managers and often make ‘arrangements’ if they want to continue to select certain players, and often that has nothing to do with the players themselves.

Invoking this rule folk are chucking around isn’t as easy either and will surely lead to more call offs, not less.