November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

Just now, accies1874 said:
14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Robertson turns up the vast majority of the time and is clearly proud to play for Scotland. Cooper and McTominay are legitimately injured. Fraser I am very, very sceptical to say the least....
Shinnie has hopefully been called up as a midfielder. If we are planning on him playing left back that's a disaster. Morgan getting called up is a joke - he is pish and isn't playing any football. I get that he fits the formation but that shouldn't be enough to be calling him up.
If we need a left back then Barry Douglas should have been called up. He hasn't been starting for Leeds but is getting some game time at least and is proven at the top end of the English Championship. 
This is starting to get disaster written all over it but we should still have enough to beat Cyprus and Kazakhstan. Team looks like it is starting to pick itself. 

Marshall
Palmer Devlin McKenna Taylor
McGinn Jack Armstrong 
Christie McBurnie Forrest 

EDIT: I forgot about Fleck. It's McGinn plus two of the other three for me. Probably Fleck and Armstrong. 

I'd be shocked it McGregor didn't start. Clarke also seems to like McLean, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him play instead of Jack.

Forgot about the pair of them. Very likely that Shinnie called up as a left back in that case. Yikes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50379426

Nobody can possibly ever work as hard or be as tough as a Scottish former footballer. Scottish ex-players are gods among men. They saved all of humanity back in "their day".  We owe everything we've ever had to these heroes. And look how modest they are too. We all know it was "110%" they gave yet here this particular legend is downplaying it as only 100%. 

sed.jpg

I’d happily see Robertson stay away from the Scotland squad in the future. He’s been utter shite anytime he’s played for Scotland. It’s about time we played boys who actually want to play for Scotland and in their correct position rather than try to fit all these bigger names in because we feel we have to. Not enough fight in recent Scotland teams, mainly because players like Robertson clearly cannot be arsed.

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’d happily see Robertson stay away from the Scotland squad in the future. He’s been utter shite anytime he’s played for Scotland. It’s about time we played boys who actually want to play for Scotland and in their correct position rather than try to fit all these bigger names in because we feel we have to. Not enough fight in recent Scotland teams, mainly because players like Robertson clearly cannot be arsed.

Aye let's not pick a champions league winner because you think he's been shite. We'll stick Shinnie in there and it'll all be okay. 

Aye let's not pick a champions league winner because you think he's been shite. We'll stick Shinnie in there and it'll all be okay. 

He has been shite. Just because he’s won the champions league with his club has no bearing on how he has played for Scotland, which, I’ll say again, has been shite.

Away from all of the other stuff, getting to the point yet again where, if Greg Taylor gets injured on the day of the game we have to rely on Shinnie at left-back is utterly mental. There are loads of semi-capable left-backs out there, why not bring one of them along just in case? Shinnie is not an awful call-up as a midfielder, but he has barely played left-back for about five years, aside from the shitshow in Kazakhstan.

Edited by craigkillie

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Away from all of the other stuff, getting to the point yet again where, if Greg Taylor gets injured on the day of the game we have to rely on Shinnie at left-back is utterly mental. There are loads of semi-capable left-backs out there, why not bring one of them along just in case? Shinnie is not an awful call-up as a midfielder, but he has barely played left-back for about five years, aside from the shitshow in Kazakhstan.

I think Palmer has played left back for Wednesday pretty often so presumably he’s an option for there too.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

But we're not a club side with a limited budget or squad size. We have the choice of basically every Scottish left-back that exists, we don't need to be picking an average right-back there to do a job.

He plays there for his club more often than right back and with Douglas not playing for Leeds besides maybe Kingsley at Hull he probably is our left back playing at the highest standard once you get past Robertson, Tierney, Taylor etc.

But we're not a club side with a limited budget or squad size. We have the choice of basically every Scottish left-back that exists, we don't need to be picking an average right-back there to do a job.

Absolutely no reason Lee Wallace couldn’t have been called up, unless he’s injured. They face the same situation at centre back too.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why should anyone give a f**k when players like Lewis Morgan keep getting call ups?

Baffling.

The only reasons hes getting picked is because people are pulling out. He would never have been called up to the squad let alone have a cap if all players were fit. We are essentially debating over who our 6/7/8th choice winger is.

20 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Moron found. 

17 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I've read it as he's missing the Cyprus game and is back for the home game or has everyone lost their minds? 

He wouldn't have been in the tweet if he was only missing the Cyprus game. 

18 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I would rather play with 10 than play Shinnie at Left Back.....I do feel Robertson has been rubbish since he was given the Armband though., he just isnt a leader, id be interested to see if there was any difference in him playing with someone else as Skipper...

I would like to see us stand up to Clubs though and invoke the UEFA rule where needed.

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

He plays there for his club more often than right back and with Douglas not playing for Leeds besides maybe Kingsley at Hull he probably is our left back playing at the highest standard once you get past Robertson, Tierney, Taylor etc.

Kingsley is a good shout.

Taylor is not playing at any level as he's Lennon's third choice LB and can't get on the bench. 

Morgan rarely gets a game too. Clarke should take his green glasses off.