November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

No wonder the fans don’t bother when 2 of our best players always seem to drop out. At least McTominay is injured. Time to start invoking the rule to stop them playing for their clubs after the internationals. Also no replacement for Cooper? Surely someone like Liam Lindsay is due a chance? Where’s David Bates these days? What about Danny Wilson, seems to be doing decent in America.
Considine maybe?

23 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Was at the Leeds-Blackburn game on Saturday and he did come off injured in the second half. I was also at Man U-Brighton yesterday where McTominay got a really bad ankle knock right at the end so don't be surprised to see him drop out aswell.

Are you the Grim Reaper?

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Absolutely no manager will ever succeed with a squad of players who don't give a flying f**k. When your captain can't even be arsed turning up then there's absolutely no point.

What a  stupid comment!  He did turn up - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/50389854.

"Robertson, who delivered the cross for Liverpool's second goal in the 3-1 win over Manchester City on Sunday, will remain with Steve Clarke's Scotland squad for a couple of days but will not travel to Cyprus for Saturday's match."

12 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
34 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:
No wonder the fans don’t bother when 2 of our best players always seem to drop out. At least McTominay is injured. Time to start invoking the rule to stop them playing for their clubs after the internationals. Also no replacement for Cooper? Surely someone like Liam Lindsay is due a chance? Where’s David Bates these days? What about Danny Wilson, seems to be doing decent in America.

Considine maybe?

Ryan porteous?

11 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Everyone slating Robertson without any knowledge of why he has pulled out.

That’s this support all over.

Bullshit, you're just a w****r.  Our support is fantastic as good as it gets, it's entirely natural people are fed up, we watched Robertson less than 48 hours ago.fit as a fiddle flying around the park full ninety minutes, no mention of injury after the game. It's obvious with the xmas fixtures coming up Liverpool have said he's better resting etc.   He's our fucking captain, I would say give it to McKenna permanently at least he turns up.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why should anyone give a f**k when players like Lewis Morgan keep getting call ups?

Baffling.

Great chance to call up Mikey Johnston give him a cap stop Ireland nicking him.  Quality player whose time will come.

Robertson turns up the vast majority of the time and is clearly proud to play for Scotland. Cooper and McTominay are legitimately injured. Fraser I am very, very sceptical to say the least....

Shinnie has hopefully been called up as a midfielder. If we are planning on him playing left back that's a disaster. Morgan getting called up is a joke - he is pish and isn't playing any football. I get that he fits the formation but that shouldn't be enough to be calling him up.

If we need a left back then Barry Douglas should have been called up. He hasn't been starting for Leeds but is getting some game time at least and is proven at the top end of the English Championship. 

This is starting to get disaster written all over it but we should still have enough to beat Cyprus and Kazakhstan. Team looks like it is starting to pick itself. 

Marshall

Palmer Devlin McKenna Taylor

McGinn Jack Armstrong 

Christie McBurnie Forrest 

EDIT: I forgot about Fleck. It's McGinn plus two of the other three for me. Probably Fleck and Armstrong. 

Edited by Marshmallo

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Great chance to call up Mikey Johnston give him a cap stop Ireland nicking him.  Quality player whose time will come.

The same Mikey Johnson who has pulled out the U21 squad? and has done so the last few times, that Johnson?

Tierney's decision to sit at home with his feet up is even more ridiculous now, as he'd actually have had his chance to stake a claim for the left back spot.

Fraser's a good player but doesn't deserve to be called up again with his number of calls off.

We'll be heading into our biggest game in years, with a realistic chance of qualifying for a major tournament, with a manager who hasn't got close to having a first choice squad together yet. Honestly, who would actually want that job?

Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

Tierney's decision to sit at home with his feet up is even more ridiculous now, as he'd actually have had his chance to stake a claim for the left back spot.

Fraser's a good player but doesn't deserve to be called up again with his number of calls off.

We'll be heading into our biggest game in years, with a realistic chance of qualifying for a major tournament, with a manager who hasn't got close to having a first choice squad together yet. Honestly, who would actually want that job?

He doesn't help himself with the tombola team selections tbh but I agree with you re squad stability. Northern Ireland called up a completely unchanged squad from last month. When did we last do that?

10 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Everyone slating Robertson without any knowledge of why he has pulled out.

That’s this support all over.

Well maybe if they reported what the fucking problem was people wouldn't jump to conclusions. Cooper and McTominay's call offs were both reported with details of the injury, Robertson's simply says he won't be travelling to Cyprus.  Why? If he's injured then tell us. If Clarke has decided to rest him as he wants to try something else then say so. Don't just report "he's no playing" and expect everyone to drink the soup.

Robertson turns up the vast majority of the time and is clearly proud to play for Scotland. Cooper and McTominay are legitimately injured. Fraser I am very, very sceptical to say the least....
Shinnie has hopefully been called up as a midfielder. If we are planning on him playing left back that's a disaster. Morgan getting called up is a joke - he is pish and isn't playing any football. I get that he fits the formation but that shouldn't be enough to be calling him up.
If we need a left back then Barry Douglas should have been called up. He hasn't been starting for Leeds but is getting some game time at least and is proven at the top end of the English Championship. 
This is starting to get disaster written all over it but we should still have enough to beat Cyprus and Kazakhstan. Team looks like it is starting to pick itself. 

Marshall
Palmer Devlin McKenna Taylor
McGinn Jack Armstrong 
Christie McBurnie Forrest 

EDIT: I forgot about Fleck. It's McGinn plus two of the other three for me. Probably Fleck and Armstrong. 
I'd be shocked it McGregor didn't start. Clarke also seems to like McLean, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him play instead of Jack.