November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
28 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
On loan at Dunfermline.  Are you writing him off? He has had a few injuries and needs game time, he is probably still one of the best midfielders Hearts have got and they tend to loan out their younger players to get experience. He's only 18.

He's a raw talent but there's something about him.

He needs an injury free season and a run of games, he should then start getting call-ups to the U21's

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

He needs an injury free season and a run of games, he should then start getting call-ups to the U21's

He's already had a few niggles and he got taken off on Saturday after being targeted by Ayr's henchmen. 

Also, Joe Thomson will be back in full swing we hope by the end of the year so he'll have to work even harder. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

He's already had a few niggles and he got taken off on Saturday after being targeted by Ayr's henchmen. 

Also, Joe Thomson will be back in full swing we hope by the end of the year so he'll have to work even harder. 

I think "niggles" is what held him back last season. Fingers crossed.

Hows Harry Cochrane turned out? 
Getting starts at 17 doesnt automatically mean you've got huge potential.
The difference is we're not bereft of midfielders.
Right back is a problem position, so unless you're happy to toddle along with jobbers like SOD and Palmer or, god-forbid, Paterson, then we need to be forward-thinking/desperate (delete as appropriate) with our selection for that spot.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

The difference is we're not bereft of midfielders.
Right back is a problem position, so unless you're happy to toddle along with jobbers like SOD and Palmer or, god-forbid, Paterson, then we need to be forward-thinking/desperate (delete as appropriate) with our selection for that spot.

We could also just not play with a right back. Confuse the hell out of the opposition, play two left backs and play everything down that side. Whoever playing RCB needs to hold his position really well and the right midfielder needs to have the fitness of a triathlete to get back, then forward....

On 21/10/2019 at 10:55, Burnie_man said:

On loan at Dunfermline.  Are you writing him off? 

56 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

Are you serious?

Not writing him off. Merely suggesting that you look at Cochrane, who was a regular at Hearts at 17, but is now struggling in the Championship, and consider whether chucking Hickey into International football just now would be the best idea for everyone involved. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not writing him off. Merely suggesting that you look at Cochrane, who was a regular at Hearts at 17, but is now struggling in the Championship, and consider whether chucking Hickey into International football just now would be the best idea for everyone involved. 

Cochrane has had a few injury issues, perhaps because he was thrown into the mix at 16 and playing every week out of necessity before he was really ready. He's not struggling with actual ability and once he gets a run of being fully fit and game time he'll kick-on.  Hearts need to be careful with Hickey in that regard as well.  He won't be anywhere near the full Scotland A team for at least another year IMO, he's got nowhere near the U21's yet (although perhaps should).

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

To be clear, I'm not advocating that Hickey should be thrown into the National set up, but Harry Cochrane's career has f**k all relevance to that and the way you worded your question seemed to ignore the fact that Harry Cochrane has around 16 years of football left to play.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

To be clear, I'm not advocating that Hickey should be thrown into the National set up, but Harry Cochrane's career has f**k all relevance to that and the way you worded your question seemed to ignore the fact that Harry Cochrane has around 16 years of football left to play.

It wasnt intended that way.

13 hours ago, ewan14 said:

John Fleck wwith another man of the match performance ( against Arsenal tonight ) He has to be in the squad at least

Still no game time for Tierney, even as a sub. Hoping he's not going to miss his millionth Scotland Squad in a row.

6 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Still no game time for Tierney, even as a sub. Hoping he's not going to miss his millionth Scotland Squad in a row.

He won’t. I’m surrounded by Arsenal fans down here and they are all raging that he’s not starting already. My guess is he will by the weekend.

Guest DAVIDB69
He won’t. I’m surrounded by Arsenal fans down here and they are all raging that he’s not starting already. My guess is he will by the weekend.

He will play in the Europa on Thursday

Caught the QPR v Reading game last night. Liam Kelly looked good for the most part making  some great saves and had little chance on either goal  Hopefully he's in the next squad at least. Having older guys playing in League One doesn't make much sense to me. 

5 hours ago, Mr.Bojangles said:

Caught the QPR v Reading game last night. Liam Kelly looked good for the most part making  some great saves and had little chance on either goal  Hopefully he's in the next squad at least. Having older guys playing in League One doesn't make much sense to me. 

I didn't realise Kelly had even made that move. Even better that he's playing. Totally agree that he should be in ahead of McLaughlin

I didn't realise Kelly had even made that move. Even better that he's playing. Totally agree that he should be in ahead of McLaughlin

McLaughlin has dropped to the bench since Jack Ross got the sack, I’d much rather see Kelly in his place.

On 23/10/2019 at 13:35, Gordopolis said:

You didn;t realise a player had made a transfer or been playing games, but you now feel qualified to say he should be called up? LOL

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

You didn;t realise a player had made a transfer or been playing games, but you now feel qualified to say he should be called up? LOL

Tbf thats typical of 99% of football fans.