Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

I'm usually quite critical of Rovers opening a the North stand for opposition fans at this level due to the extra costs involved (Clyde being a perfect example of a good utilisation of the Railway Stand) .With that said, we're not some bumpkin Angus club who have the stand open due to middle age men not being able to handle either drink or a bit of stick from opposing fans. I think we'll take a bit extra over what we took to Airdrie earlier this season. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

I don’t see the need to open the away stand for raith, normal away section would be sufficient I’d imagine. 

When you say the away stand are you talking stand across from dug outs?

Dont know what the normal away section holds but sure it,ll be enough to house our support,plus,make for a better atmosphere

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Dont know what the normal away section holds but sure it,ll be enough to house our support,plus,make for a better atmosphere

I'm hoping it'll be the warm stand.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Yes. Pretty sure you will be in there, believe it will be open for yourselves ,Falkirk and Airdrie games.

Might be approaching ‘too many injuries’ time again. Benedictus, Vaughan and Anderson missing from the side that started the last away win. Captain, best player, best forward.

Tough game, but got to hope for all three points. Seems a no-brainer to me play the 3-4-1-2 with Gullan or Armstrong behind a front two, but McGlynn seems determined to go with four at the back. I think that’s a mistake but hopefully we have enough about us to get all three points.

Another who’ll be ticking off Clyde. Looking forward to it.

35 minutes ago, Paco said:

Might be approaching ‘too many injuries’ time again. Benedictus, Vaughan and Anderson missing from the side that started the last away win. Captain, best player, best forward.

Tough game, but got to hope for all three points. Seems a no-brainer to me play the 3-4-1-2 with Gullan or Armstrong behind a front two, but McGlynn seems determined to go with four at the back. I think that’s a mistake but hopefully we have enough about us to get all three points.

Another who’ll be ticking off Clyde. Looking forward to it.

Didnt realise you had injuries to as many big players.  No reason why we cant sneak a win here in that case.

Would be a big statement to the rest of the league if we do get a win. Just need to stop losing to Montrose...

Think it was the perfect opportunity to try and fit in Mckay to the back three and was surprised he didn't. He seems to have an issue with giving Mckay a shot at centre back for whatever reason and uses him as a utility right back and he just cannot play there. I feel for him a bit cause think he would be a useful player given the chance to play his actual position.

I thought we looked defensively frail, and in my opinion that is down to the full backs having more pressure to defend than go forward and the midfield caught between whether to go forward or stay back. I don't think the best plan is to go with what he played on Saturday and would be surprised with any points if he did play that.

Anderson will be a huge miss if he is injured for this match but think that Bowie is more than capable of replacing him, I just think he doesn't have the engine to match what Anderson gives us. Looked absolutely blown out after 40 mins. I'd also put Allen back in for Baird.

McGurn

Davo Ando McKay

Miller                                                McDonald

Spencer     Hendry

Armstrong

Bowie         Allan

Edited by Holy Marv

I’d like to think the above is close to what we go with, although with Allan swapped for Baird, but McGlynn’s reluctance to play McKay at CB could well crop up here and we go for more of a 4-4-2. That way we can keep Armstrong is his preferred position. For all those championing him as a no.10 we’ve no evidence he can do it and we know all to well how devastating he can be out wide. I can also see Munro starting ahead of McGurn.

16 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I would’ve thought you’d be in the main stand with us but as has been mentioned apparently you’re in the actual away stand. Surely we don’t need to put airdrie in there.