Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

4 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Can remember the love in with Raith after the last game, obviously has continued 😍

If a few of your boys hand out selection boxes to our fans at Christmas and pop along to our section and throw us up bars of chocolate then the special friendship is on 😉

Yea, I’m sure Fife’s Finest will be right on that.

Watched the highlights...what an example of all the traffic heading for the prison end! I will say that I wish some of our fans would get the message that Goodwillie is using the boos and shite to feed himself. Look at the immediate reaction after the first goal! We can only hope that Falkirk fans try to roast him in a similar fashion next week.

Ach, Baird and Bowie should be burying those chances in the second half. Didn't think Baird had such a clean sight at goal at the time. 

No foul at the goal, fair play. Good foul by Anderson for the red card to be honest, it's his first booking that was stupid. 

We won't come up against a striker of the calibre of Goodwillie much this season. That played a massive part in our undoing yesterday, he was just far far better than anyone else on the pitch. Steven Anderson has absolutely strolled through this season so far and he was very uncomfortable all afternoon. 

If anything, we were the better side after the red card as it gave us something to fight for and hold on to. Suddenly a draw was a good result. At 11 men, we had no idea whether to grind the draw out or go out for a win. We did neither, whereas after going down to ten we actually finished the game strongly. 

We need a b*****d in midfield, well we need Matthews fit. Hendry and Spencer were classy as always first half, but when the chips were down second half they were miles off it. 

No need to be downbeat. If we keep playing football like we did first half we will give somebody an absolute horsing, and will find promotion one way or another. 

Losing the lead and 2 points was frustrating, but we rallied at 2-2 with ten men, re grouped and actually created chances that could or should have won the game. Last seasons side would have crumbled at 2-2. We are making progress. 

Edited by CALDERON

A game of 90 mins split in half 

Just to join the love in, got a soft spot for Raith as well with one side of my family supporting them.

When we played earlier this season I went into the supporters club at their ground and was welcomed brilliantly, despite my daughter wearing a Clyde scarf. Seem like a great bunch but like every club they seem to have the rare couple of odd balls. 

Great game overall and great to see Broadwood filling up, no more Queens Park silent fans nonsense. 

7 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Really pleased with the character we showed after half time, was really fearing the worst. 

Lamonts through ball for goodie was top class and one we’ve known he’s capable of, but rarely shows. 

I’m not sure about smith, strikes me as a confidence player. 

Equally, players like McNiff are getting shown up against the better sides in this league. He’s not a left back. 

Some of our fans have very short memories and should be ashamed at giving the guys who got us into our current position the abuse they’ve received. Ridiculous shouts coming today. Just remember we aren’t playing total shite now. 

It's the same guy every week, unless we're winning he's not happy. Another fan actually pulled him up on it but he was much quieter at 2-2. I agree its ridiculous, need to put it into perspective, where weve come from and who we're playing. 

Have to say the Clyde fans are a welcome addition to this league. Hopefully both clubs can push for promotion. A game of two halves. How football should be, we were amazing first half. Second half we were rabbits caught in the headlights. Bizarre indeed

8 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:
Experienced defender in stupid 1st booking, which led to a red, yet no witch hunt emoji2369.png

Yes indeed. If that had been Davidson we'd have seen several proper meltdowns here and elsewhere. Objectivity seems to be a gift few of our supporters are blessed with.

Come on lads. Surely it doesn’t take much for you to work out that it’s Anderson’s first mistake in a Rovers strip and thus he is given far more leeway. Davidson was excellent yesterday, too. Excellent interception in the first instance before our first goal and got his head onto everything all afternoon. 

23 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Do Clyde fans still gets as many fans through to North Lanarkshire from Glasgow, or is it primarily people from Cumbernauld now?

Weve got a couple of buses that run from Glasgow to away games so fair to say weve still got a lot from Glasgow like myself. 

Often wonder myself though how many are from Cumbernauld 

So, Clyde away -
Smiddy Inn was a decent enough pub, good choice of booze also.
Broadwood, much better stadium than expected. And got it ticked off. But the set up for getting in, was a farce!
First half we were excellent, and probably should have been more.
Second half we were far too slow to react to Clyde’s changes, they nullified our midfield which is where games are won n lost. And ultimately McGurn actually kept us in the game with a few outstanding saves.
Goodwillie, when fit, is by a country mile the best player in this league. So frustrating when a team has a striker that’s just miles better, like the Dobbie thing with Queens. He was absolutely given to our centre half’s, Davo probably handled him the best. Steven Anderson has been excellent but today he was shocking, lost the plot.
The Ref was pretty shite.

Decent enough day out, and vile hangover today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks!

Bowie’s and Baird’s chances are even more clear cut than I remember them being. Baird is desperately needing a goal, he’d have scored that chance for Forfar last season, no doubt. Bowie’s miss was uncharacteristic, normally he at least hits the target. Still so impressed by him. He’s going to be some player.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bowie’s and Baird’s chances are even more clear cut than I remember them being. Baird is desperately needing a goal, he’d have scored that chance for Forfar last season, no doubt. Bowie’s miss was uncharacteristic, normally he at least hits the target. Still so impressed by him. He’s going to be some player.

I can't help but worry Baird has just gone on a season too many. The chances at 2-0 and 2-2 would have been buried by him, even last season. 

Agree on Bowie, incredible he is only 17. Have to give the management team massive credit for finding him, and having the courage to play him. 

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Experienced defender in stupid 1st booking, which led to a red, yet no witch hunt 🤷‍♂️

Anderson has been fantastic since signing, but had a tough time of it yesterday. Pretty much every Rovers fan at the game has recognised that. 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:
Experienced defender in stupid 1st booking, which led to a red, yet no witch hunt emoji2369.png

Yes indeed. If that had been Davidson we'd have seen several proper meltdowns here and elsewhere. Objectivity seems to be a gift few of our supporters are blessed with.

When Steven Anderson gives the "shh" sign as the club gets relegated and he has an awful game, perhaps its time to start a witch hunt. 

Would’ve taken the point at 2-2 and Anderson marching off the pitch, but weirdly we got our act together shortly after and should’ve really won it in the end even with ten men. Baird should do better with his chance and Bowie definitely should score - he made the chance himself to be fair but he was gutted at full-time. It’s said a lot but what a talent for just turning 17.

Baird could’ve had a couple to make it 3-0 but the one he sclaffed into the side net was especially glaring. Clyde clearly a different side after the break and Lennon deserves credit for that. Goodwillie head and shoulders above any other Clyde player, and probably ours tbf.

You can probably look at it positively and negatively. On one hand we ground out a point at a venue Falkirk lost at, down to ten men and on the back foot, came back strong and could’ve won it, played well in parts, and ultimately were missing eight players through injury. On the other? We were 2-0 and cruising...

Time will tell if it’s a point gained or two dropped.