Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

Desperately missed having a ‘nasty’ midfielder in that 2nd half. Hendry and Spencer are a joy to watch when we dominate matches but were posted missing after half-time. Worst example for me was in the run-up to the red card when Hendry had a weak, half-pull at Goodwillie’s hand before he was tripped by SAndo. Got to haul/scythe him down before he gets within 30 yards of goal.

Thought Anderson had a bit of mare all day but will really miss him next week. Baird was ineffective too. McGurn with a couple of amazing saves - Gordon Banks-like for Goodwillie’s header.

Relieved to escape with a point given the position we were in after 75mins or so. But there’s no getting away from the fact we’ve chucked away 2pts. We can’t defend away from home with a back 4 so McGlynn is going to have to put trust in McKay at CB at some point.

Petkov turned the game around for us v Dumbarton. 
McNiff is one of the heroes from last season and today in the second half put in a shift. Gets far too much stick for my liking... 
Indeed he did, but absolutely rank fucking rotten today. I just don't see it with the boy at all.

I've never rated McNiff highly to be honest and for me I don't feel he is suited to this level.

I was amazed that Howie tackle on the half way line wasnt a booking at the very least as well. Seemed a bit of a wild one at the time.

For me Smith is far worse than McNiff and Petkov. McNiff was brilliant last season and even though he had a slow start this season, hes been a solid performer since week 3 or 4.

Petkov is a strange one. MOTM on his debut. Rank rotten in other games- including today - but came on and was a stand out at Dumbarton.

But aye, Smith back to Stirling in January please!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Really pleased with the character we showed after half time, was really fearing the worst. 

Lamonts through ball for goodie was top class and one we’ve known he’s capable of, but rarely shows. 

I’m not sure about smith, strikes me as a confidence player. 

Equally, players like McNiff are getting shown up against the better sides in this league. He’s not a left back. 

Some of our fans have very short memories and should be ashamed at giving the guys who got us into our current position the abuse they’ve received. Ridiculous shouts coming today. Just remember we aren’t playing total shite now. 

8 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Really pleased with the character we showed after half time, was really fearing the worst. 

Lamonts through ball for goodie was top class and one we’ve known he’s capable of, but rarely shows. 

I’m not sure about smith, strikes me as a confidence player. 

Equally, players like McNiff are getting shown up against the better sides in this league. He’s not a left back. 

Some of our fans have very short memories and should be ashamed at giving the guys who got us into our current position the abuse they’ve received. Ridiculous shouts coming today. Just remember we aren’t playing total shite now. 

Absolutely agree as soon as we go behind or things aren't going our way the abuse starts, fair enough it is all down to frustration but come on, we have no God given right to win every week, sometimes we underperform( rearly with this squad of players) . Us fans have a great relationship with these players just now, hope those responsible don't spoil it dishing out abuse.

Good highlights package as expected. I thought there looked like a bit of a foul at the first Clyde goal, but the highlights show there wasn't one from the different angle. 

I think our disarray in the first half can be summed up perfectly from kick-off; we end up with McNiff at centre forward and McStay at left-back. Clearly half the team had no idea what they were supposed to be doing before the break; Grant and McStay were as equally culpable in that regard as Petkov was. 

21 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Here are this week's highlights...

Excellent highlights from a really enjoyable game. May comment more in the morning but I must say that bad miss aside, Bowie led the line really well today for Raith Rovers. I know he scored against us earlier in the season too but when you consider the age of the boy he looks a really, really good prospect.

6 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Fair play to Danny and the players for turning that round. Completely outclassed first half yet bossed the second half. Ballsy from Danny to make all subs by half time but paid off. If I never see petkov in a Clyde jersey again it will be too soon.

Seen the “ballsy” suggestion before, but maybe not. Here’s an interesting analysis from FiveThirtyEight that suggests if you are down at the half, you should use your subs immediately. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/down-at-halftime-in-a-soccer-game-use-your-subs/

6 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

McGlynn's face as Anderson trudged off was a picture. At that point it looked as if Raith had totally fucked it from a seemingly unassailable position. The plucky Fifers did really well to hold onto a point though so fair play. 

Given it means he’s out for the East Fife match, you could understand that face.

Good recovery, that.

Looking at the highlights, we were an unrecognisable gang in the first half. Petkov, Cuddihy and Grant closing down Raith defenders well into the Raith half at the beginning of the move leading to their opener? They're a full-time team, are they not? Some balls/mental licence given to be trying that on. And, predictably, Raith went on to string a couple of quick passes by the aforesaid players to quickly find themselves with a straight run through the middle and onto our defence; and then again for the second. There's no discipline on show from Petkov, Grant, Cuddihy or McStay there; what they were asked to do or how they chose to play was a bad idea. Anything that'd risk our defence having to defend one-on-one a lot is bad patter; they're not great players individually, though their weaknesses can be masked within a collective.

I'm sure there was logic in Lennon's team selection: it looked like a sit-tight arrangement to me, a bit like Arbroath away - allow them possession in certain areas type thing. But it seems we didn't play it that way.

Anyhoo, it'll be a lesson learned, and reinforces two things: we're always good to nick something with DGW on the pitch and, two: having all of Lamont, Johnston and Love off the pitch leaves us virtually guileless.