Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

A very decent game to watch today. First half after RR scored their 1st they took over, albeit Goodwillie was still causing them problems, after the 2nd goal is was just happy to get to half time only 2 down as it could easily have been 3 or 4 with us all over the place at the back.

2nd half, what a complete turnaround, Raith couldn't contain  Lamont, Love , Johnston and Goodwillie and they ran riot in the 2nd half and Raith came from looking easily the best team i have seen this season to looking very ordinary and vulnerable and we could have went on and won the game. I think the sending off worked against us a little for some reason the game became more of a contest with chances being created at both ends.

A point a piece i think was a fair result.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Are you on the wind up? One of the worst away days in Scottish football. No pubs, shite town, depressing stadium.

Broadwood has its faults like most Stadiums, but it is a totally different match day experience now.. more people in the ground definitely helps, the the refurb work etc has improved things no end.

Filling in the spaces behind goal and corners has even made the wind chill almost survivable.

Raith fans saying we’re a decent bunch and Broadwood was decent to visit? I’m confused... No one ever says these things 

I’d agree. Lovely ground and only an hour away. The only pish thing was the turnstile fiasco. Having to queue for a ticket, presumably to keep the queue down at the turnstiles but they let you pay with card going thru the turnstiles which actually creates a queue with the amount of time it takes to approve.

2 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Broadwood has its faults like most Stadiums, but it is a totally different match day experience now.. more people in the ground definitely helps, the the refurb work etc has improved things no end.

Filling in the spaces behind goal and corners has even made the wind chill almost survivable.

I went for a pie at 14:15 and the Wifie behind the counter said the urns and the pie machines are tripping, I said cool, I hope they don't have a bad come down.

I’d agree. Lovely ground and only an hour away. The only pish thing was the turnstile fiasco. Having to queue for a ticket, presumably to keep the queue down at the turnstiles but they let you pay with card going thru the turnstiles which actually creates a queue with the amount of time it takes to approve.

I feel as the season goes on that will hopefully be ironed out. We've spent a decade in the basement with teams turning up with 10 fans and a dug.

Enjoyed my first visit to Kirkcaldy earlier in the season and found Raith fans a good bunch and enjoyed having them at Broadwood today.

Feels weird people complementing Broadwood and us as fans? New Friendship derby? [emoji23]

Agree in the past it's been a terrible away day for visiting fans and for a time the way NL treating Clyde and our fans we hated home games. The new relationship with NL, renovations at the ground and surrounding area are only going to be good for Clyde, NL, the community and Away support.

First half - brutal. Second half - brilliant. 

At the end I was disappointed we only managed a point but probably a fair result given how poor we were first half. 

Fair play to McGurn what a save from Goodwillie’s header. Top class. He also had a great save from a McNiff header albeit he was offside. 

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but I thought Howie could have got a straight red for a challenge he made near the halfway line. Wild. Thankfully for us though the referee waved it on!

Good to see a large away support.  All the best for rest of season apart from obviously when we meet again. 

He also quite clearly wasn’t there today if he’s claiming that it’s a depressing stadium. Up there with one of the best all-round atmospheres from both sets of fans that I’ve seen in a while.
Yeah was a decent atmosphere today. Helps that the crowds are much healthier than league 2. Good turnout from Raith today and the home support is around 200 higher than previous seasons.

The stadium was starting to look a bit run down a few seasons back but there is now a good relationship between Clyde and NLC with both working together much better. The stadium is looking pretty smart now and today was the first time the new scoreboard has been working.20191019_145925.jpeg

Can I just add I’ve no idea why Clyde posters have a reputation as a bunch of roasters. They seem brand new.
Raith fans saying we’re a decent bunch and Broadwood was decent to visit? I’m confused... No one ever says these things 
I'm very surprised at how decent Clyde fans seem to be on here after reading the league 2 forum last season.

Wasn't there today but a draw has kept us top so I'm happy enough. Sando getting sent off is obviously a blow but we have more than enough about our squad to go and get the result next week without him (hopefully)

Goodwillie is obviously above this level and he's what we're missing in Vaughan who is Imo a better player.

Mcglynn obviously made the wrong decisions in the second half tactically but has shown he can change a game so as I said previously he will learn from this. I think today we seen the two best managers in the league go to toe and come out even (no offence to the petries etc)

Couldn't go today because of poor health, obviously missed a cracker. My username was registered after several years of misery at Broadwood. This season is totally different, really enjoyable
Hope your health picks up! We need as many fans from both sides for our next love in!

Few points... 
- Cracking away support from Raith, nice to have supports come and make some noise than the 20 or so we'd get from your Annan, Peterhead and Edinburghs.
- I didn't overly see much wrong in Lennon starting XI but obviously it didn't work, more likely because of particular personelle. 
- Lennon took a big gamble and f**k me it didn't half pull off! Total different team! 
- Goodwillie without a doubt is the best player in this league, he's a much better improved player this year enjoying the games against better opposition and teams that don't park the bus and go all out to cripple him. 
- Raith were fucking excellent first half, they in my opinion are the best team in the league and I'd tip them to win it. 
- Lastly, the feel good factor around the club has went up yet another level, place was buzzing again. Broadwood really has become a happy place in the last 12 months. 
- Smith is utter pish

" - Smith is utter pish"

McNiff & Petkov are much, much worse IMO.

Incredibly frustrating first half from us, dominant the second. Thought Lamont's work rate in particular was brilliant and helped turn the game around but Love & Johnston contributed to that also. Think Johnstone could still be turning Kieran MacDonald inside out the now.

Before the game would've bit your hand off for a point, come away slightly gutted not taking all three. Good point, onto another biggie next week!

2 minutes ago, TheClyde1877 said:

" - Smith is utter pish"

McNiff & Petkov are much, much worse IMO.

Incredibly frustrating first half from us, dominant the second. Thought Lamont's work rate in particular was brilliant and helped turn the game around but Love & Johnston contributed to that also. Think Johnstone could still be turning Kieran MacDonald inside out the now.

Before the game would've bit your hand off for a point, come away slightly gutted not taking all three. Good point, onto another biggie next week!

Petkov turned the game around for us v Dumbarton. 

McNiff is one of the heroes from last season and today in the second half put in a shift. Gets far too much stick for my liking...