Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

A great travelling support today and good backing of the team, it's a pity it didn't help carry off the desired result.

For what it's worth the Vigilante hounding of DG in song really worked didn't it, give it a fucking rest next time and concentrate on helping our team on the park.

Very enjoyable 90 mins. We were absolutely superb first half and should have killed the game, but credit must go to Lennon and Clyde for that second half. 

We battled well with ten men, make no mistake, we would have lost that last season. 

Enjoyed my first visit to Broadwood. Clyde fans seem a decent bunch, certainly a welcome addition to this league. 

I have to say that I have a huge soft spot for Raith Rovers and their fans.  Heaps of respect having watched them support their club through the dark Anelka days.

The first half was a master class in football from Raith Rovers who looked as though they should have been playing at a much higher level.  Cruel first goal and a well worked second.   At half-time, I would have taken what would have seemed to be a very unlikely point.  I thought we were going to be on the receiving end of a 5 0 hammering.  I thought we started well, but Raith's midfield play was way too strong for us.

Second half, Danny changed things around and it was a different story.  Some superb creative play from Chris Johnston and a tireless shift from Ally Love.  Disappointed not have have taken away all three points.

Bowie is a class act.  His miss at the end will probably haunt him as he created the chance himself, and did everything superbly well until the final ball.

Great crowd and great atmosphere.  The away support were strong in number and in voice.  It made for a very enjoyable afternoon.  

A point from the best team in the league, by a country mile.  It could have been worse.  Thanks for the changes Danny.  Thanks to the away support.

What baffles me is why Darren Smith started ahead of Ally Love.  With Petkov, it felt like we were two men down in the first half. 

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Should say tho, some appalling game management in that first 30 mins of the second half. Playing that three yard goal kick when the game was going the way it was, was fucking insane. 

We've been doing that all season but when we are winning it's cool as f**k.

Just now, Frank conner said:

We've been doing that all season but when we are winning it's cool as f**k.

There is obviously no problem doing it when bossing a game, but when 2-1 up under the cosh is a different story

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

There is obviously no problem doing it when bossing a game, but when 2-1 up under the cosh is a different story

We rarely look comfortable even when we are winning we just aren't good enough to get away with it.  Most of the time we just end up inviting pressure on ourselves. 

Missed game today due to birthday events for her indoors...

2nil doon feared the worst and over the moon to watch the comeback via flashscors etc...

Raith still my favourites to win league and hope they do it over other two challengers who will both drop points over the season than The Rovers..

Best o luck for rest o season lads (Well exc two future games o course)

Really entertaining game today, suppose because we hauled it back to 2-2!

First half no point in going over it again all been said and Danny admitted his mistake. Ironic again that managers continually think physical presence means big guys. Brings on Ally Love and Mark Lamont all probably 5ft8” of them showed more aggression and Passion than the “Physical boys” they replaced.

As for David Goodwillie what a game he had (again) totally rag dolled their defenders even in the first half when we were so poor. 

Also what a difference a busy stadium and a reasonable traveling support makes to the game. Highlights will be interesting to see possible penalty claims?

Few points... 

- Cracking away support from Raith, nice to have supports come and make some noise than the 20 or so we'd get from your Annan, Peterhead and Edinburghs.

- I didn't overly see much wrong in Lennon starting XI but obviously it didn't work, more likely because of particular personelle. 

- Lennon took a big gamble and f**k me it didn't half pull off! Total different team! 

- Goodwillie without a doubt is the best player in this league, he's a much better improved player this year enjoying the games against better opposition and teams that don't park the bus and go all out to cripple him. 

- Raith were fucking excellent first half, they in my opinion are the best team in the league and I'd tip them to win it. 

- Lastly, the feel good factor around the club has went up yet another level, place was buzzing again. Broadwood really has become a happy place in the last 12 months. 

- Smith is utter pish

Well that was a game of two halves! First half we were completely dominant and played some great stuff. Second half, Clyde came at us like a steam train from the kick off and we shat the bed.

You can say what you like about Goodwillie but what a player he is. We couldn’t handle him at all. Some of the stuff shouted at him was ridiculous and I can only assume it motivates him!

Highlights are edited and will be up at midnight on the Rovers' website.
Really nice ground to go to, and would recommend anyone who didn't make it today to make the trip next time if they can.
Onto next week! 

Are you on the wind up? One of the worst away days in Scottish football. No pubs, shite town, depressing stadium.