Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

Anybody else see the stewards that ended up having to approach the Fifes finest( yet again) about 20 mins into that game.

Am I surprised?
No? You should really take it up with quinny though. He doesn't like it when people have an opinion on Fife's finest unless it's good.

As poor as we were in the first half I thought Raith were superb. Quick one touch passing was good to watch at times. First goal was a wicked deflection and 2nd actually came from our attack when Smith's pass to Goodwillie was too tame and got cut out. 

Second half we were much better and first to most second balls. Good and brave move by Lennon to make all changes by the start of the 2nd half but all the subs made a real impact. Cant mind if it was 1-2 or 2-2 at the time but what an unbelievable save McGurn had from a Goodie header. 

21 minutes ago, grumswall said:
30 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:
Anybody else see the stewards that ended up having to approach the Fifes finest( yet again) about 20 mins into that game.

Am I surprised?

No? You should really take it up with quinny though. He doesn't like it when people have an opinion on Fife's finest unless it's good.

He won't though  he'll just come on here and bleat about it. 

Perfect game of 2 halves, at half time Clyde were lucky only to be 2 down.  45 minutes later I left Broadwood feeling we should have had all 3 points.

Danny made a big mistake with the starting line up, but the difference between him and previous managers, is he saw his mistake and changed it.

The team that finished the game, looked sharper and more attack minded. Love , Johnston & Lamont all made a big difference.

Smith should now have a lengthy spell on the bench,  can't make my mind up if he's sh*te or just unlucky, either way his confidence shot.

Edited by shawfielder

As previously said, very much a game of two halves.

Raith miles ahead first half and deserved their two goal lead at the break. We were shocking first half which didnt help.

Second half Lennon got the subs and changes spot on. Smith tries but hes just not good enough for this league. Everytime he gets the ball he trips over it. 

Thought we were going to sneak it after the equaliser - which was a great ball from Lamont and good finish by Goodie. Raith had their chances to win it too right enough. A good game to watch all round.

Raith are definitely the best team in the league, I'll be surprised if they dont win the league or go up via the playoffs at least.

Good away support from Raith too. Makes such a difference to the atmosphere in the ground unlike the 20 fans teams in league 2 would bring.

A very good point for us overall after the first half shitshow.

We’ve absolutely fucking collapsed here. Will be surprised if Clyde don’t win now. Not seen us have such an easy first half this season comfortably the better side, stroked it about well. Second half we’ve been torture.

Quite the reverse of your last game eh?....

Fair play to Danny and the players for turning that round. Completely outclassed first half yet bossed the second half. Ballsy from Danny to make all subs by half time but paid off. If I never see petkov in a Clyde jersey again it will be too soon.

Just now will feel like 2 points dropped but to come away not losing today after that 2nd half might just be a point gained come the season end.

Clyde changed it up and we didn't react. Players thought the game was won and mindset from them was completely wrong. McGlynn also didn't react quickly enough when it was clear our midfield had gone.

But as I said having played like that and down to 10 men to come away with a point I'll take it. Hopefully this is a massive reality check for us and we play and are fully concentrated for the full 90 from now on.

Fair play to Clyde and Lennon and after that 2nd half they'll feel downbeat about not taking the full 3 points.

Horrendous first half followed by a fantastic second half where we were unlucky not to take all 3 points.

Lyons was terrible in the first half but when Johnston was brought on in front of him he came alive.
Please let that be Smiths last start in a Clyde jersey. Lightweight, clueless and way out of his depth.

I find it hard to be critical of players when for the second time this season, Lennon has bottled it against Raith with his starting line-up. Third time lucky hopefully. As others have said, he is able to change it though and that's the big difference.

That said, I'm not sure any manager would anticipate an opposition playing as Raith did, with basically a front four going man to man against our back-line. That exposed that our back four aren't great at all in a one-to-one dual, with Lyon the luckiest man in Broadwood to avoid being hooked at half-time. Where we should have had an advantage (the centre of the pitch) we had Grant sitting (and doing very little to help his backline) and the other two playing the safe side of the Raith pair and not getting tight to them when they had the ball. We did nothing to track their full-backs either. It was a complete mess in all honesty. 

The difference after the break when we had Lamont and Cuddihy playing off Goodwillie was staggering. All of the second balls that had been dropping from Goodwillie's challenges against the centre halves now fell to Clyde players. The Raith midfield suddenly had to defend, so much so they became scrappy in possession. Johnston a huge threat playing the triangle with Lyon and Lamont.

Having got to 2-2 and played against ten men we could maybe have gone onto win but Raith had the best chances in the later stages. Games like that you realise we're still a bit short of quality at the back.

Goodwillie obviously our man of the match. Cuddihy excellent, with Lamont and Johnston also playing well as substitutes. 

Raith Rovers still the best team we've played this season. Might want to avoid playing Benedictus though, his impact was tremendous :lol: