Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

I was at that game v Clyde at Broadwood when Carcary scored the hat trick so not a new ground for me. Really unsure what formation we’ll go with after how poorly McKay did at full back v Falkirk. It seems obvious to put him back into centre half and go back to 3 at the back but I’m really not sure if McKay is good enough, period. He can’t header the ball far enough which puts us under pressure in the second phase of play because unless we pick up the second ball every single time the opposition have several chances per game with either a shot from distance or fashioning a chance from running directly at our centre backs. Anderson missing out with his collarbone injury is a pain in the arse, too. He’s been excellent.

A lot for McGlynn to think about. Wouldn’t like to make a call on how it’ll go.

17 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Good article on Danny Lennon on the BBC website today. Someone I always hoped would get the Raith job when it’s become available in the past. Seems to have a pure passion for life and football!

Good article? :lol:

You've got to be shitting me, John.

I was at that game v Clyde at Broadwood when Carcary scored the hat trick.

I remember him scoring one in a 0-3 win for us there when Colin Hendry was their manager. What a player he was on his day. Another player who’s career was cut short through injury.

I can see us going 4231 this week with Bowie, Gullan and Armstrong behind Allan. If Mcglynn had any intention of playing McKay in a back three, he would have tested it against Glenavon first I suspect.

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Come on now, you can’t say it wasn’t an entertaining read?

I found it hilarious, yes. But your post suggested that the article was good for Danny Lennon (he has a "pure passion for life" apparently) when in fact it makes him look like a raving lunatic.

I found it hilarious, yes. But your post suggested that the article was good for Danny Lennon (he has a "pure passion for life" apparently) when in fact it makes him look like a raving lunatic.

Yeah I suppose it did. I’d say it makes him look eccentric and a ‘character’ which i think our game needs. Folk like him, Dick Campbell etc are a dying breed and although not everyone’s cup of tea, I prefer that to the usual mundane interviews that we are used to.

Can I also add that I don’t condone putting kids on desert islands!

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Good article? :lol:

You've got to be shitting me, John.

It’s an interesting article at least, in terms of him being an ex-Rovers player and someone a few of us (me included) touted for Rovers manager.

Starts off a bit ‘BBC Radio phone-in caller’ with talk of bringing back National Service and taking kids away to islands. Then onto his time at Gretna and ends with rehabilitation of people, most notably Goodwillie.

6 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Yeah I suppose it did. I’d say it makes him look eccentric and a ‘character’ which i think our game needs. Folk like him, Dick Campbell etc are a dying breed and although not everyone’s cup of tea, I prefer that to the usual mundane interviews that we are used to.

Can I also add that I don’t condone putting kids on desert islands!

It certainly makes him look strange, I'll give you that. 

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s an interesting article at least, in terms of him being an ex-Rovers player and someone a few of us (me included) touted for Rovers manager.

Starts off a bit ‘BBC Radio phone-in caller’ with talk of bringing back National Service and taking kids away to islands. Then onto his time at Gretna and ends with rehabilitation of people, most notably Goodwillie.

He's a mad man. 

On 14/10/2019 at 09:26, Paco said:

Might be approaching ‘too many injuries’ time again. Benedictus, Vaughan and Anderson missing from the side that started the last away win. Captain, best player, best forward.

We can add Armstrong to the injured list unfortunately. Touch and go for Saturday according to the FFP this morning.