Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

For the first time in about three seasons we've got selection problems due to having a larger squad. Allan and Bowie both scored on Saturday (admittedly Allan's being the most bizarre goal we'll score this season) and we've now got Tony Dingwall back in the mix too. I'd be happy if we went with the same team from the second half against Falkirk but with Bowie in for Allan and Baird for Gullan. 

So realistically we'll be missing Grant Anderson, Lewis Vaughan and Robbie Thomson. Nobody is too sure as to whether Joao Victoria or Jack Smith will be included either. Both teams seem to have really improved since the last time about. 

I really hope we set up 352 and bring in McKay. 

Didn't make the game yesterday so have withdrawals from football. Really looking forward to the day out and as I said on our own thread, all 5 of our home crowd are heading to this as it's a bit of a novelty trip. I don't think I have been to broadwood for 13/14 years. Hopefully there are lot's of others like this and we have good numbers. We are in good form and having won two away games on the bounce appear not to be allergic to winning on the road which also should help. I'm also out after the game for beers back in town so come on Rovers, make it a good night!

Reading the away day guide and doing a wee bit homework I think we have settled on the Smiddy Inn as the best bet. A couple of questions for the Clyde boys and girls: does the Smiddy let kids in (it looks a Bellhaven pub so I imagine yes?)? Is there a stadium bar open to away fans and if so what is the script with location, last entry into this, etc.? Cheers!

36 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I really hope we set up 352 and bring in McKay. 

Didn't make the game yesterday so have withdrawals from football. Really looking forward to the day out and as I said on our own thread, all 5 of our home crowd are heading to this as it's a bit of a novelty trip. I don't think I have been to broadwood for 13/14 years. Hopefully there are lot's of others like this and we have good numbers. We are in good form and having won two away games on the bounce appear not to be allergic to winning on the road which also should help. I'm also out after the game for beers back in town so come on Rovers, make it a good night!

Reading the away day guide and doing a wee bit homework I think we have settled on the Smiddy Inn as the best bet. A couple of questions for the Clyde boys and girls: does the Smiddy let kids in (it looks a Bellhaven pub so I imagine yes?)? Is there a stadium bar open to away fans and if so what is the script with location, last entry into this, etc.? Cheers!

You must be the first away fan to look forward to visiting Broadwood!

The Smiddy is probably your best shout. They let kids in, show football on the tele and do decent food as well.

There is the Arria Lounge at the stadium but I'm sure it's only for home fans (this will be my first visit to it this weekend!).

Closest pub to the stadium is the Broadwood Farm brewers fayre which does a decent carvery, no football on the tele in there though. Its only a 5 or so minute walk from there down to the stadium. 

24 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

The Smiddy is probably your best shout. They let kids in, show football on the tele and do decent food as well.

There is the Arria Lounge at the stadium but I'm sure it's only for home fans (this will be my first visit to it this weekend!).

Closest pub to the stadium is the Broadwood Farm brewers fayre which does a decent carvery, no football on the tele in there though. Its only a 5 or so minute walk from there down to the stadium. 

It'll be one for quite a few of our fans to tick off the list. The last time we played there was 2007 in the league cup (we also got a rare trip to Fir Park in the round after). Before that you're looking at the infamous 04/05 season for a league meeting.  Hopefully we take a decent support through. It's been a wee while since we've gone of a decent run and the players deserve the support. Hopefully it continues on...

42 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Cheers mate!

Aye, I know it's not the best away trip being an out of town ground but as Broken Algorithms stated above, its been 14 years for a league meeting so, being 13 then, this will be the first proper away trip involving pubs and the like. So as one off and something different I am looking forward to it! Plus, living in Glasgow, Croy is only 10 mins away on the train from QS - so very handy!

Echoing the above, I’m buzzing for Saturday and really looking forward to Clyde Away. 1. It’s a first, so will get it ticked off the list. 2. We seem to be doing orite away from home.
I would opt back for the 352, with Davo, Sando & McKay in at the back. I would go with Gullan, Armstrong & Allan to start, with the options of Baird & Ziggy to come on 2nd half.
Contrast to the game at San Starko is that Goodwillie will now be match fit, and that’s a massive game changer.
Horrible 0-0 for 89mins and Sando header from a corner - 90th minute winner, would make the beers on the train back to Kirkcaldy taste that bit better.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

For the first time in about three seasons we've got selection problems due to having a larger squad. Allan and Bowie both scored on Saturday (admittedly Allan's being the most bizarre goal we'll score this season) and we've now got Tony Dingwall back in the mix too. I'd be happy if we went with the same team from the second half against Falkirk but with Bowie in for Allan and Baird for Gullan. 

So realistically we'll be missing Grant Anderson, Lewis Vaughan and Robbie Thomson. Nobody is too sure as to whether Joao Victoria or Jack Smith will be included either. Both teams seem to have really improved since the last time about. 

Bene will be missing 

I’m sure you need to buy a ticket before Saturday for the Arria, I haven’t been this season so someone can correct me. I don’t think they care who is there as long as they’ve paid the fiver or whatever it is. 

As for the game, we will surely be a lot better than the first league meeting. The good thing about when we lose/perform badly is that there is always a reaction - see yesterday’s result and the little run we went on after the first few league defeats. Goodwillie to score and Clyde to win by the odd goal. 

Raith will be in the away stand I believe? Don't think there would be any point going to the Arria with that in mind.

That day in Raith was abysmal. DL abandoning his normal gameplan and going with a back three, Wallace ending up at right back and McStay in particular absolutely miles off the pace. Should be a good game.

Never been to Broadwood before so looking forward to this. 

We were very good against Clyde earlier and I think we have improved a fair bit since August. Clyde look much better too tho, so should be a good game.