vs San Marino

DA Baracus

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Is it just me, or has Ryan Christie grown about three inches in the last year?

No, it's not just you, he looks much bigger and much more physical. We've already seen enough here to suggest that he should be starting every game (but maybe not necessarily taking the set pieces).

2 minutes ago, King_Of_Kings said:

Fletcher always plays crap for Scotland. He's only scored like 10 times and 6 of them came in 2 matches against Gibraltar!! Martin has scored 13 times in 71 club games over the last 3 years and only has 3 international goals. Neither is the answer for Scotland. At least Shankland is young and seems to have a hunger about him.

Fletcher was not always crap for Scotland. Shankland is 24 and i don't think ever scored a goal above Scottish Championship level. When you are an international team like scotland then being a striker is about a lot lot more than just the scoring of goals.  I don't think Giroud scored in the world cup for france but he was pivotal in the knockouts for them. But Shankland seems to have "hunger" I guess.. We will have the hungriest team in Europe who never wins. Spot on

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbh I thought his recent success was in part due to having a bit less hunger about him

That is fair at club level but so far in his limited pitch time for Scotland he's looked hungry for goals.

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This is fake news unfortunately. 

In your opinion. I suppose it didn't help him being stranded up front on his own with crap service but most times I've seen him for Scotland he is crap, constant flick ons when there is nobody in front of him.

Just now, ali_91 said:

There’s no easy games at International level so think it’s a bit much to expect us to be cutting through them every time we have the ball. 

Yes there are, and we playing one right now.