vs San Marino

DA Baracus

46 minutes ago, Dysart said:

Not sure what the complaints are about, but the majority of the tartan army come from places like Fife and the Highlands, the bigot brothers from Glasgow don't support the national team.

There are stats which show Rangers are most supported team within the SSC with Celtic second.

This Teuchter myth that it's all lads from Tain and Forfar is bollocks.

Something like this with maybe McGregor instead of Armstrong. I think Findlay and Mulgrew are better on the ball than Devlin and Gallagher, which is more important in this game.

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory. 20191013_123954.jpeg

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

I got 10/1 for Scotland BTTS on Sky Bet last night. Down to 4/1 now.

A very foolish bet since San Marino won't score. Unsure why anyone thinks they will.

54 minutes ago, Dysart said:

Why do the SFA insist on playing games like this at Hampden instead of Easter Road or Pittodrie, where there might be a semblance of an atmosphere? Although to be fair, they might struggle to fill Bayview today.

Season/campaign tickets are sold for Hampden are they not? Or is it just these tickets mean you have a seat wherever it's played?

Anyway, as pointed out above, if the campaign was going well the other grounds would be too small to hold the crowd. 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Snodgrass replaced by Morgan in the squad. Must be the closest to kick-off we've ever called up a player.

Not a good enough player

Won't play (I'd hope)

No time with the squad at all

A meaningless game we will win regardless

Completely pointless. 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Snodgrass replaced by Morgan in the squad. Must be the closest to kick-off we've ever called up a player.

Unless Morgan is going to start it also seems pointless given the opposition.

I suppose the fact that it will tale him circa 30 minutes to get to Hampden helps!

Unless Morgan is going to start it also seems pointless given the opposition.
I suppose the fact that it will tale him circa 30 minutes to get to Hampden helps!
Yeah, and he's not in any of the youth squads either (although I'm not sure any of them deserve a token call-up anyway).

I don't see a problem with just not calling anyone up though, considering there are four wingers in the squad (depending on Burke's fitness).

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah, and he's not in any of the youth squads either (although I'm not sure any of them deserve a token call-up anyway).

I don't see a problem with just not calling anyone up though, considering there are four wingers in the squad (depending on Burke's fitness).

Yup, we didn't need to replace Snodgrass, or indeed anyone.

We're playing San Marino at home! Plus there are plenty of players in the squad.

Have we actually called up Lewis Morgan?

It's almost a month since he actually played for his club FFS, and that's after a season of doing nothing for a League One side down south. 

Mental.

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There are stats which show Rangers are most supported team within the SSC with Celtic second.

Those stats are from 2000.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

What kind of injury - other than a bruised ego - would crop up this close to kick off?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/may/15/kirk-broadfoot-egg-explosion-rangers

similar to this maybe.

(This is my 3rd egg related post already today)

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/may/15/kirk-broadfoot-egg-explosion-rangers

similar to this maybe.

(This is my 3rd egg related post already today)

I didn't know you were interested in the rugby.

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Of course, as we all know too well, this doesn’t necessarily correlate to the majority coming from Glasgow. The majority travelling from teuchter towns will support Rangers* and Celtic as well. 

Similarly there are some guys/shaggers who live in Shawlands and support teams like Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Yes, it's pretty logical that this would be the case.  Celtic and Rangers have much bigger supports than the rest, and they play home games in the same city as the national team.

The myth will owe plenty to the fact that you get lots of supporters of each, who are actively hostile towards Scotland in a way that you don't really get with other clubs.  Even so though, that won't come close to offsetting the obvious numerical advantage.