vs San Marino

DA Baracus

If the logic is that Clarke wants a second-choice goalkeeper with a bit more experience should Marshall be injured or unavailable for the play-offs or any significant games against better opposition, I don't think a token appearance at home to San Marino in a dead rubber, where the Scotland goalkeeper should be having very little of significant note to do anyway, is much preparation for such a scenario. His focus should be on minimising unenforced changes before the play-offs and trying to get something approaching a settled team, especially at the back.

What is the point in changing the keeper for a game like this? Play the strongest XI and get them game time together. We only get the squad together about 4 weeks of the year.

Someone in another thread said we pick the team like we're Man City in the Carabao Cup and that was dead on. "Wanting to see what people can offer" is ridiculous, and is an especially moot point when it's a goalkeeper in his 30s against San Marino.

9 hours ago, G-MAN said:

I’ll be there with 16,542 others.

6-0 Scotland.

I am also going along...free tickets 

There would be a poor crowd regardless of performance because of the day and kick off time.  I do expect a crowd anywhere between 10,000 and 15,000. 

They have conceded an average of 5 goals per game so anything less than a 5-0 scoreline would be disappointing.

I am biased but would like to see Gallacher start. He has performed very well this season and should be given the opportunity in this game, not that he would have a lot of work to do one suspects. 

No idea why Clarke is picking a 30+ goalie, playing in the 3rd tier in England who will unlikely ever be our number 1.

We need a boss who will be brave. He’s sticking with the likes of McGregor who have struggled to make the step up to International football and have no interest in playing for Scotland.

I was hoping he’d do well but I’m totally unimpressed by Clarke so far.

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

They have conceded an average of 5 goals per game so anything less than a 5-0 scoreline would be disappointing.

The average is a dangerous number with teams like San Marino.  Being skelped by Belgium by 9 goals (Russia as well scored 9) pushes the average up but in reality they dont always lose 5 or 6. So some heavy defeats yes but also a couple of 4-0s and an attrocious 2-0 win for us away.  So unless we suddenly start scoring goals I am taking 4-0 today.

10 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

4-0 in a meaningless win. I get the feeling Shankland scores and having to put up with endless pish of why he is clearly a first pick and the future of Scotlands forward line by DAB fans.

I also fear this. Wullie from Carnoustie phoning up the Record Hotline touting Teuchter dross like Shankland, Graeme Shinnie and Zander Clark. 

14 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Also what is the lowest attendance at hampden with scotland ?
And what is lowest attendance with scotland at international level at home ( including friendlies )?

11,400 for a competitive match and I think the lowest ever home attendance is 4000 v Norn Iron in a Home Championship game played in the pissing rain during the 70s.