Week 6

peasy23

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
10 hours ago, Jute said:
5-0 9ers. Did not see this coming at all. 

Me neither. Turning point last night was that goal line defensive stand in the 2nd quarter.

Totally agree. From memory Rams did not convert a 3rd or 4th  down all game. Defence has been outstanding in first 5 games.

Totally agree. From memory Rams did not convert a 3rd or 4th  down all game. Defence has been outstanding in first 5 games.
Correct, they didn't convert any of their third downs, while the 49ers converted nearly half of theirs. Keeping the Rams D on the field for nearly 40 minutes was also key, and running the ball so much kept Donald largely out of the game. Still not completely convincing by Jimmy G, the throw that got picked was a shocker, and he was very lucky not to get picked off again later. Coleman should have caught one for a TD though even with the throw being slightly high.

Enjoyed the Tottenham stadium experience, it was definitely more of a Panthers crowd despite being a Bucs home game. Watching the highlights on BBC website the crowd does sound much louder than it did at the game. 

I don't get the thing of everyone wearing jerseys of teams that aren't playing, think it's pretty well established that people in the UK like NFL but I guess it's a tradition now. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I had someone with a Brady top on directly in front of me. 

Stadium is obviously very modern tho I think it would be busy in the concourse for Spurs games where you can't take alcohol to your seat, obviously that wasn't an issue yesterday. Bit of a hike from Tottenham Hale Station which is where I was assured by a Spurs season ticket holder I work with was the best stop to get on and off at. We left a little early with it being a bit of a blowout so no real transport problems. 

Also good to experience the witchcraft of the pints that pour up from the bottom (see pic) 

As for the game itself I was astounded to see how many fantasy points Winston got (he was on my bench) given how gubbins he was altho the Panthers dl ran all over the top of Tampa. Even my gf who doesn't know much about NFL enjoyed it, especially the Mccaffrey touchdown where he put 3 defenders on their arse. 

Would definitely recommend, especially if your team is playing, was quite nice just to enjoy it as a neutral though. 

IMG_20191013_142525.jpg

IMG_20191013_143231.jpg

Edited by Fuctifano

What a crazy set of results from week 6.

For me the Cowboys, Eagles and Chiefs must now have huge doubts over winning a Superbowl, the Chiefs defence in particular is horrendous.

Teams on the up for winning the Superbowl:

Texans, 49ers and Ravens.

The Texans in particular impressed me, I always like teams with a good balance between defence and offence, a quarterback who keeps the opposition guessing and threats in both running and receiving. The only downside for me is the head coach, Bill OBrien, he has been found out in important games in the past, my fear is that history repeats itself.

On 14/10/2019 at 14:15, peasy23 said:
On 14/10/2019 at 11:09, Jute said:

Correct, they didn't convert any of their third downs, while the 49ers converted nearly half of theirs. Keeping the Rams D on the field for nearly 40 minutes was also key, and running the ball so much kept Donald largely out of the game. Still not completely convincing by Jimmy G, the throw that got picked was a shocker, and he was very lucky not to get picked off again later. Coleman should have caught one for a TD though even with the throw being slightly high.

Coincidentally the last time the Niners held an opponent without a 3rd or 4th down conversion was over 30 years ago also against the Rams. Agree about Jimmy G. Some of the picks he's thrown are really daft. Throws that really shouldn't have been attempted. Still don't feel like he has a really good WR to aim for. Kittle is great and all but a real number one WR would be a potential game changer.

On 17/10/2019 at 08:57, RiG said:

Coincidentally the last time the Niners held an opponent without a 3rd or 4th down conversion was over 30 years ago also against the Rams. Agree about Jimmy G. Some of the picks he's thrown are really daft. Throws that really shouldn't have been attempted. Still don't feel like he has a really good WR to aim for. Kittle is great and all but a real number one WR would be a potential game changer.

^^^ AB Likes this.