Socca World Cup 2019

DeeTillEhDeh

Here's an article on it here. 40mins a half apparently. Mind give 'Big Ron' some abuse if you see him.

https://localfootballnews.com/2019/10/09/socca-world-cup-mark-clattenburg-and-ron-atkinson-at-crete-six-a-side-tournament/

And keep us posted with the results, ya lucky bassa... It's pissing it doon back here. ☂️

_109149569_stadium_crete.jpg.

Edited by IggyStooge

So starved am I of Scottish footballing success that I've been keeping up with results in this tournament.  Looking like Scotland will be playing Hungary in the last 16 - one of only two nations to have won all their group games.

Bizarre end to the France vs China match - last one in our group.

China led 2-0 only to be pegged back to 2-2, including a dodgy penalty. They then got what they thought was a final minute winner only to have it chalked off for having too many players on the pitch - they had a player yellow carded and forgot to remove one of their players.

The bizarre part is that China then refused to restart the match - officially it was 2-2 but many are arguing that it should be a 3-0 victory for France as China defaulted.

Makes no difference to the final standings as France are top either way - Scotland finished second.

So starved am I of Scottish footballing success that I've been keeping up with results in this tournament.  Looking like Scotland will be playing Hungary in the last 16 - one of only two nations to have won all their group games.

That's right - match is at 1.15 pm local time (11.15 am in Scotland). 

Going along to watch again.

Hungary will be huge favourites - already beaten the World Champions Germany 3-1.

7 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's right - match is at 1.15 pm local time (11.15 am in Scotland). 

Going along to watch again.

Hungary will be huge favourites - already beaten the World Champions Germany 3-1.

I don't know why I want to think you're kinda ruining a family holiday for this - but I appreciate your dedication.

Hungary won - but we didn't let ourselves down - final score was 5-3 - with Scotland missing a penalty at 4-2 down. Our third goal is up there as being goal of the tournament.

Real decider was a yellow card that put Scotland down to 5 when only 1-0 down - it was deserved but infuriating as the Hungarians should have had a man yellow carded before this for a worse foul.

Hungary lost out in the quarters to Russia 4-3 - they face Greece who beat England 4-3 as well. Other semi is Poland vs Moldova.

East European teams have done well but I'd be interested to see if some of them were truly the amateurs they claim to be.