Pick your best team!!!

TheLad

Guest DAVIDB69
We shouldn't be calling up anyone "for a look". Scout them and call them up if you think they'll improve the team. Games' worth of evidence is far more important than four or five training sessions where we should be focusing on organisation, shape and specific game plans. 

We have probably had a look about 50 players since the South American tour in summer 18 which is utterly disgraceful

• 3 weeks later...

Marshall/Kelly (have to start looking at a younger option)

Robbo, McKenna, Cooper, Tierney. 

McTominay, Christie, McGinn.

Fraser, McBurnie, Forrest.

absolutely not having Shankland as the striker in a million years.  I’ll take Griffiths if he ever manages to start a game for Celtic again.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Why would we be looking at "a younger option" when we have 4 more games before potentially being at a tournament?

Because Scotland fans are eternally obsessed with what the team will look like in 5 years rather than what the team should look like now.

8 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Marshall/Kelly (have to start looking at a younger option)

Robbo, McKenna, Cooper, Tierney. 

McTominay, Christie, McGinn.

Fraser, McBurnie, Forrest.

absolutely not having Shankland as the striker in a million years.  I’ll take Griffiths if he ever manages to start a game for Celtic again.

Robertson at right-back is an interesting approach. Let's take the world's best left-back and put him out of position.

On 11/10/2019 at 18:19, ArabFC said:

Cammy Bell

Ralston --- J.Souttar --- H.Souttar --- Robertson

Russell --- Armstrong --- Gauld --- Mackay-Steven

Shankland - Goodwillie

I'm all for this but get Cammy Bell in the bin.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Robertson at right-back is an interesting approach. Let's take the world's best left-back and put him out of position.

I wonder if, in the next 2 games, we try Tierney at LB and Robertson in left midfield.  I remain unconvinced that Robertson is showing any of his defensive form for Scotland.

46 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Lol, Robertson isn't even Scotland's best left back.  I'm a big fan of his but the world's best left back you must be high.

Edited by Kuro

44 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I wonder if, in the next 2 games, we try Tierney at LB and Robertson in left midfield.  I remain unconvinced that Robertson is showing any of his defensive form for Scotland.

Whereas Tierney's form for Scotland consists of pulling out through injury a few days before the squad gets announced. Robbo at left back all day, if Tierney turns up he can play right back.

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Whereas Tierney's form for Scotland consists of pulling out through injury a few days before the squad gets announced. Robbo at left back all day, if Tierney turns up he can play right back.

I'm not sure what his availability has to do with trying him a left back in future games, he is clearly a talent.  I'm sure now that he is getting back to full fitness he'll be available.  Robertson's recent performances for Scotland have been questionable so it's worth looking at options.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm not sure what his availability has to do with trying him a left back in future games, he is clearly a talent.  I'm sure now that he is getting back to full fitness he'll be available.  Robertson's recent performances for Scotland have been questionable so it's worth looking at options.

His availability is everything to do with whether we can try him at left back. If he's not there we can't play him. 

I'm not having Robertson's performances questioned when we're calling up Charlie fucking Mulgrew to play alongside him. We have far, far bigger problems that need addressed than who plays at left back. Our captain and most committed player should keep his place.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Not RB. Didn’t do in any order really. 

but yeah most of it happens to be the order id have. Robbo to LB though

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

His availability is everything to do with whether we can try him at left back. If he's not there we can't play him. 

I'm not having Robertson's performances questioned when we're calling up Charlie fucking Mulgrew to play alongside him. We have far, far bigger problems that need addressed than who plays at left back. Our captain and most committed player should keep his place.

If players are under performing then we need to look at other options in those positions.  Luckily we have an exceptionally talented left back in Tierney, if he is fit and available then we should be looking at him in these games to see if he provides a little more solidity in that area of the pitch.  If he does, then he takes the place because unlike Liverpool, we need our LB to defend first and foremost because, as you say, he plays alongside lesser talented CB's.

Nobody should be undroppable from this (poor) Scotland team.  McGregor is another one who flatters to deceive in dark blue.