Pick your best team!!!

TheLad

International football for wee shite countries like ours should be simple.

Pick a shape/formation to try and win against the team you are playing. ALWAYS play the strongest team available.

For so many years I have watched Scotland manager after manager put out these experimental sides, boys for the future, give lads a wee run out blah blah blah. Like we are Man City playing in the Carabao Cup or something.

We also aren't good enough to try and play in a style that doesn't suit us. When was the last quality CB we had? We need to be hard to beat! We are instead, mocket.

So depressing

There is a school of thought that if you dont have two good centre backs then play three average (or bad ones) so I think we should try something interesting like playing McKenna and Cooper or Bates as a pairing but with McTominay dropping back between them to form a back 3 when we sent have the ball. Fullbacks I'd go with Fraser and Robertson but give them massive license to bomb forward. A flat three in midfield of Henderson,  Armstrong and McGinn with Christie playing off McBurnie up top.

Alternatively a more orthodox back 3 of McKenna, Bates (for height) and Tierney with Mctominay moving into the 3 in midfield.

Edited by Scumjob

19 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

McCrorie

Patterson Mayo Finlayson Maxwell

McCrorie Jack Docherty

Middleton Mebude McPake

This team would get absolutely destroyed. Jack has had a great season but even he'd be a stretch as a starter. As for the other 10 :lol:

51 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

McCrorie

Patterson Mayo Finlayson Maxwell

McCrorie Jack Docherty

Middleton Mebude McPake

27 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The usual "oh no I've been called out, better say it was a wind up". Deary me.

Hard to look at that lineup and not think it was a wind up

Team selection depends a lot on who we are playing against and getting the correct balance between attack and defence. 

Versus weaker teams where we should be offensive, I'd have two wingers and just one out and out defensive midfielder. 

Marshall (Gordon if he can get back playing, not a huge fan of Marshall) 

Tierney, Hanley, McKenna, Robertson 

Mctominay, Armstrong 

Forrest Christie Fraser

Griffiths

Against stronger teams we need more protection in the middle of the park but also some more control of possession so id be adding another defensive midfielder and then midfielders who are comfortable in possession but that won't overcommit going forward and will allow us to keep a compact shape. 

Marshall 

Tierney, Hanley, McKenna, Robertson 

Mctominay, Jack 

Christie, Armstrong, Fraser

Griffiths 

Genuinely think if we keep the players above fit, motivated and organised that we have the makings of a decent squad, especially when you see some of the young players who are coming through. Need to get confidence back pronto though! 

Marshmallo has had a mare here

As for a team, given the right back situation a 3 at the back might be the best option, have a proper, always goal side sitting mid, 2 centre mids willing to put their foot on the ball and try dictate games, and two strikers who can handle physicality

Wingbacks robertson and tierney are a given, the rest f**k knows if scotland have they players

Marshall

Tierney Caulker McKenna Robertson

McTominay McGregor

Forrest Christie Fraser

McBurnie

This is possibly our strongest team. If we could get that back four on the pitch for the next set of games we might have a slight chance. Depending on the opposition - Armstrong for McGregor.

Caulker the latest Abroad League darling I see. Bang average at Dundee but now a world beater despite no one having seen a minute of him in Turkey.

In fairness, we’ve currently got a below bang average Aberdeen defender at centre back.