THE Shite Hole Poll

Worst place in the UK  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Blackpool and Brighton shouldn't be on the list. The former is a dive but if folk go to these places because you can have a decent time regardless of how run down it is then it shouldn't feature.

I've been to Whitehaven once and will never go again. Absolutely nothing there. I know I'll visit Blackpool again at some point.

50 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Blackpool and Brighton shouldn't be on the list. The former is a dive but if folk go to these places because you can have a decent time regardless of how run down it is then it shouldn't feature.

I've been to Whitehaven once and will never go again. Absolutely nothing there. I know I'll visit Blackpool again at some point.

A "decent time" in Blackpool?

I recognise that I'm quite easy to please; literally, a couple of interesting pieces of architecture and one decent pub and I will at least mark a place down as being "of some merit".

But even realising that others may have different standards...Brighton?!

Of the places on the list that I have been to Blackpool just shades it from Middlesbrough and Bradford.

Blackpool is what it is - a bit tacky and cheap but it has a lot of tourism going on at the water front and has a theme park, what do Middlesborough or Bradford have going for them? Blackpool should be nowhere near this list.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Blackpool is what it is - a bit tacky and cheap but it has a lot of tourism going on at the water front and has a theme park, what do Middlesborough or Bradford have going for them? Blackpool should be nowhere near this list.

This. Yup, it’s a bit of a dump but loads to do there, especially for kids/ families. Quite like the place tbh. 

If you had all spoken up sooner in the respective threads then we wouldn't be in this position, despite Luton being a total shit hole not many folk commented that it was a dump, Middlesbrough by comparison got panned by 15 folk

G

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

You promised a run down in January and yet someone else had to step in and fill the void which you left behind.

Get in touch with a poll thread expert (me or one of my team) before starting a poll thread, good learning moment for posters on here so thanks for that