Our Mobile App

On 25/11/2020 at 08:24, Eednud said:

Same for me although still working on iPad after the update.

You can download and use Tapatalk to connect if you want to use an App in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why Android is having issues. I've updated the Tapatalk plugin on our side to the latest version, that should definitely resolve the issues with the actual Tapatalk app, hopefully.

Will get some time over Christmas to spend looking at and testing the upgrade we need to do as the first step towards getting the new app finally sorted.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We're kind of stuck.

The new app was supposed to be released by the forum developers when the next major release of the forum software came out.

We ditched our own app in preparation for that happening.

The forum release was delayed by months but did finally happen latter part of 2020. We have done some testing on that and unfortunately the changes to the template system are extensive so we need to re-design all our club themes for the new version and have those ready to install as part of the upgrade.

That's a hefty chunk of work unfortunately and I've just not had time to do it as my day job has been off the scale levels of busy due to the knock on effects of the pandemic.

On top of all of that, the forum developers version of the app still hasn't been released anyway, so any upgrade we do to the forum would still leave us without a functioning app.

I might just have to revive the old app as there's no sign at all of this new one being released.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Android App not working at all for me at the moment. Don't mind using th4 browser but I'm used the app now and I find it a wee bit quicker. Update or something wrong at my end?

Is this the old P&B Branded App, or Tapatalk?

I don't have an Android device to hand but Tapatalk is working fine on iOS so it should be working on Android too?

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Android App not working at all for me at the moment. Don't mind using th4 browser but I'm used the app now and I find it a wee bit quicker. Update or something wrong at my end?

I'm experiencing the same. Keeps crashing after loading

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The P&B App. Never used Tapatalk, didn't even know it was a thing tbh. Do I need to download this new whatsit?

The P&B app was our own branded version of Tapatalk but we withdrew it about 18 months ago in preparation for a new app being launched by the forum folk.

That has since been delayed and is still not ready so we have kept the Tapatalk plugin active even if our own branded app is no longer available.

If you look for Tapatalk in either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store you'll be able to download that and use it to connect to the forum. There is a free version which includes ads (we do not make anything off those ads or have any control over them) or there is a paid version that has no ads.

Hope that makes sense. Hopefully the forum app will be released eventually and we will ditch Tapatalk when that is the case.