Pars vs Ayr Sat 19th October

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Holy f**k!

That reads like one of OldFirmfacts piss take articles.

Even worse is that shite like the Daily Record tried to cry about it because Neil Lennon had been sent bullets in the post a few weeks previously.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Surely not? I thought someone would've mentioned that before.

(Sorry couldn't resist... It's like seven posts above this)

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If you look seven posts above yours you’ll see that exact thing being mentioned 😉

Oh....too late to quickly edit? 
To be fair I clicked on see first new post and it must have jumped over it as I went straight to the tank stuff. 

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Even worse is that shite like the Daily Record tried to cry about it because Neil Lennon had been sent bullets in the post a few weeks previously.

I remember that now! Utterly unrelated stuff! 

Man dressed as bear in cardboard tank pretends to machine gun opposition fans who on the whole, took it as the quality banter it was (despite what Docherty said). 

Compared to man being sent bullets in the post. 

Fucking unreal.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I remember that now! Utterly unrelated stuff! 

Man dressed as bear in cardboard tank pretends to machine gun opposition fans who on the whole, took it as the quality banter it was (despite what Docherty said). 

Compared to man being sent bullets in the post. 

Fucking unreal.

Aye it was laughable stuff, but very desperate, needy and sad as well.

According to our match preview Jamie Adams, Stevie Bell, Frank Ross and Andy Murdoch are all out so with that in mind I’d line up:

Doohan

Geggan

Roscoe

Muirheaed

Harvie

Kerr

Docherty

Kelly

Forrest

Moffat

McCowan

Subs- Hare-Reid, Houston, Ecrepont, McGuffie, Doolan Moore, McKenzie 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to our match preview Jamie Adams, Stevie Bell, Frank Ross and Andy Murdoch are all out so with that in mind I’d line up:

Doohan

Geggan

Roscoe

Muirheaed

Harvie

Kerr

Docherty

Kelly

Forrest

Moffat

McCowan

Subs- Hare-Reid, Houston, Ecrepont, McGuffie, Doolan Moore, McKenzie 

Yip. Pretty much picks itself that team.

Houston did ok against Inverness but I'd prefer the solidity and strength of Andy back at RB and the creativity and control of Kerr back in the middle of the park.

35 minutes ago, twoclubsoneheart said:

Any Pars fans recommend any decent pubs close to the ground? Also a good sit in chip shop?

The town centre is a short walk (15 minutes) from the ground, or a number 19 bus (that stops right outside the ground) if you're a lazy b*****d.

Plenty of good pubs in the town. The East Port is a good pub that is a bit of a traditional Pars pub (used to be owned by Norrie and Watson). The Old Inn is quality and was where the Pars were born, plus it has a good selection of beers. A couple of doors down is the Creepy Wee, a small but unique pub that serves Iron Maiden's beer. Across the road is Tappie Toories which is a Pars pub. Monty's is decent too, and The Commercial is a bit of an old man's bar if you fancy that. The Ballroom is a snooker/pool place that has beer, TV and burgers (and ping pong!) and is ok.

You probably won't have any issues getting in to Legends at East End but service is very slow if it gets busy.

Avoid the Elizabeathen. Used to be good for away fans coming by bus but is now more of an eatery (and a pretentious one at that) that is overpriced.

Are you arriving by bus/train/car?

Alas, no sit in chippies any longer!

Edited by DA Baracus

We update to the post above. Commercial is closed just now. Elizabethan does cater for more than football fans now but the eatery bit is to the back. Still popular with football folk. Always been convenient and popular with away fans and not pretentious in the slightest, load of nonsense above. Alaris is probably the last sit in chippy the Town had but closed years ago. All the other chippies are take away as far as I know. 

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The town centre is a short walk (15 minutes) from the ground, or a number 19 bus (that stops right outside the ground) if you're a lazy b*****d.

Plenty of good pubs in the town. The East Port is a good pub that is a bit of a traditional Pars pub (used to be owned by Norrie and Watson). The Old Inn is quality and was where the Pars were born, plus it has a good selection of beers. A couple of doors down is the Creepy Wee, a small but unique pub that serves Iron Maiden's beer. Across the road is Tappie Toories which is a Pars pub. Monty's is decent too, and The Commercial is a bit of an old man's bar if you fancy that. The Ballroom is a snooker/pool place that has beer, TV and burgers (and ping pong!) and is ok.

You probably won't have any issues getting in to Legends at East End but service is very slow if it gets busy.

Avoid the Elizabeathen. Used to be good for away fans coming by bus but is now more of an eatery (and a pretentious one at that) that is overpriced.

Are you arriving by bus/train/car?

Alas, no sit in chippies any longer!

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We update to the post above. Commercial is closed just now. Elizabethan does cater for more than football fans now but the eatery bit is to the back. Still popular with football folk. Always been convenient and popular with away fans and not pretentious in the slightest, load of nonsense above. Alaris is probably the last sit in chippy the Town had but closed years ago. All the other chippies are take away as far as I know. 

Appreciated thanks!

Didn’t realise Alaris had shut, in which case we don’t have any sit in chippy’s in Dunfermline, and no chippy options at all in the the town center.(golden chip/brig the only options. Golden chip slightly closer and within walking distance, brig an option if coming by train) if your wanting cheapish eat in food in town you’ll be limited to weatherspoons and seven kings(similar deal but belhaven pub) after match we have kebab shops/ Chinese( we’re classy don’t ya know) we are ok for restaurants but doubt that’s what your after.

We do far better for pubs, most mentioned above apart from commercial unfortunately shutting. If your eating pre-match then the 2 chain pubs are reasonably friendly, 7 kings will give you the TV games.