Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Poet of the Macabre

Pars vs Ayr Sat 19th October

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Is that the game where wee Forrest left big BRE on his backside and then scored?

Aye. Game where Moore broke Fordyce's leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye. Game where Moore broke Fordyce's leg.

At least you’re not still raging about it Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aye. Game where Moore broke Fordyce's leg.

Think Fordyce broke his own leg in fairness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

At least you’re not still raging about it Rob.

4 years is absolutely no time for holding a grudge in football

Edited by Rob1885

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He got chucked out the away end but ended up getting into the home end IIRC. 

Correct :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grant must have been at different games from me as I didn't find anything about the title season boring. Can only imagine what you have made of most Pars campaigns as the vast majority in my lifetime have been duller than that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Grant must have been at different games from me as I didn't find anything about the title season boring. Can only imagine what you have made of most Pars campaigns as the vast majority in my lifetime have been duller than that one.

Outwith the proper bad ones, I'm sure you'd be able to guess, most were better. The mstchday experience was just absolutely tonk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2019 at 16:55, Grant228 said:

Outwith the proper bad ones, I'm sure you'd be able to guess, most were better. The mstchday experience was just absolutely tonk. 

Sorry you had such a bad time but everyone I know really enjoyed themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a fun season. You know that fun where you used to put every good player in the old FIFAs in to the one team just for a laugh and destroy everyone? Was just like that. Good laugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine not enjoying a title-winning season. What a miserable hoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed that League One title season. Falky, Cardle, Faiss - plenty of players who were enjoyable to watch and after all the grim times of the previous few years it was good to see everything finally fall into place. Not every game was a procession - some cracking games down at Somerset. Winning a few quid on the 7-1 Cowden game was enjoyable too. Also had a 10/1 double on Pars and Cowden (away to Peterhead) the day Faissal wrapped up the league against Brechin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Must-win for us but will be difficult against an Ayr side that have won their last three away games, scoring 10 goals in the process. Coupled with us being beyond atrocious at EEP, it could be a long afternoon.
I'll go 0-2, with the Crawford apologists crying that he needs more time.
You don't live in the real world. Must win? Ayr and Dundee United are winning (nearly) all their games. Any points, considering we are currently in a group of also rans (I.e. everyone else) are a bonus from this. Have some patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:
On 09/10/2019 at 11:58, Poet of the Macabre said:
Must-win for us but will be difficult against an Ayr side that have won their last three away games, scoring 10 goals in the process. Coupled with us being beyond atrocious at EEP, it could be a long afternoon.
I'll go 0-2, with the Crawford apologists crying that he needs more time.

You don't live in the real world. Must win? Ayr and Dundee United are winning (nearly) all their games. Any points, considering we are currently in a group of also rans (I.e. everyone else) are a bonus from this. Have some patience.

Although we've looked really good this season (mostly) and although we had a good season last year, I still feel as if a draw at EEP would be an excellent result, irrespective of the current form of both teams.

I'll take an entertaining 2-2 draw right now..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Although we've looked really good this season (mostly) and although we had a good season last year, I still feel as if a draw at EEP would be an excellent result, irrespective of the current form of both teams.

I'll take an entertaining 2-2 draw right now..........

Seriously? We are utter muck, especially at home. Ayr should be going in to this fully confident of taking all 3 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Seriously? We are utter muck, especially at home. Ayr should be going in to this fully confident of taking all 3 points. 

It's statements like this which make me start to doubt we'll win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Seriously? We are utter muck, especially at home. Ayr should be going in to this fully confident of taking all 3 points. 

Ayr (the team) maybe are, but personally I've visited EEP far too many times and been on the wrong end of a scudding to take anything for granted. 

Apart from that I see every game in this league as a potential loss / draw / win and prefer just to enjoy the performance and victory if it comes but if it doesn't then I'm never too surprised.

I suppose that's what being a fan of a so called "diddy team" is all about........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Sorry you had such a bad time but everyone I know really enjoyed themselves.

Settle yourself, I never had a bad time, let alone "such a bad time" but the second half of that season was a bore. All the fun came in the first half of the season, its really as simple as that. 

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Was a fun season. You know that fun where you used to put every good player in the old FIFAs in to the one team just for a laugh and destroy everyone? Was just like that. Good laugh. 

Aye for about half an hour.  Do that for a whole year and you'd get bored of it. 

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Imagine not enjoying a title-winning season. What a miserable hoor

Imagine not going out on a three day bender when we win the Fife Cup. 

 

It's the exact same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunfermline made the mistake of running away with the league when we did it the right way and let Raith back in it every few weeks to keep it interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:
On 09/10/2019 at 11:58, Poet of the Macabre said:
Must-win for us but will be difficult against an Ayr side that have won their last three away games, scoring 10 goals in the process. Coupled with us being beyond atrocious at EEP, it could be a long afternoon.
I'll go 0-2, with the Crawford apologists crying that he needs more time.

You don't live in the real world. Must win? Ayr and Dundee United are winning (nearly) all their games. Any points, considering we are currently in a group of also rans (I.e. everyone else) are a bonus from this. Have some patience.

We're 9th in the league and have won 1 of our last 16 league games.

If that's acceptable to you or anyone else, then that's up to you but to the vast majority of Pars fans it's appalling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...