Pars vs Ayr Sat 19th October

Dunfermline nostalgia thread for all this pish

See if you boys actually contributed in the last few days we’d have probably not have gone off on a tangent. As it happens the glorious history of DAFC is a more interesting topic than an early season game vs some west coast nobodies

As glorious as Joe decking Adams? After the early season loss to Ayr that season the players really raised there games against them in the subsequent games. Beating them with 10 men, knocking them out the Scottish, decking Adams, coming from 2 down at home, think itzdrk got thrown out EEP at that one. 

Outwith the early scudding of Cowdenbeath they were the only games to look forward too, despite winning the title by a mile it was incredibly boring for a solid half season. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As glorious as Joe decking Adams? After the early season loss to Ayr that season the players really raised there games against them in the subsequent games. Beating them with 10 men, knocking them out the Scottish, decking Adams, coming from 2 down at home, think itzdrk got thrown out EEP at that one. 

Outwith the early scudding of Cowdenbeath they were the only games to look forward too, despite winning the title by a mile it was incredibly boring for a solid half season. 

He got chucked out the away end but ended up getting into the home end IIRC. 

That season was the first case of McCalls famous mid season collapse. After Dunfermline beat us 2-1 at Somerset there weren’t any real highlights for us until the play offs. Stevo scoring a few bangers was as good as it got.

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

don’t remember cardle decking Adams tbh. There was the league game when Murphy took a dive, got cardle sent off only for hopkirk to provide the only memorable part of his pars career and score the winner 

55 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Incredibly boring?

I didn't find it boring at all, let alone incredibly boring, although I only went to a couple of home games.

52 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

don’t remember cardle decking Adams tbh. There was the league game when Murphy took a dive, got cardle sent off only for hopkirk to provide the only memorable part of his pars career and score the winner 

It was during a stramash of some sort, might have been the Scottish Cup game, strangely it never got cited which was pretty mental, definitely should've got banned for about 3 games. 

His red card for the Murphy incident was later rescinded. 

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Incredibly boring?

I didn't find it boring at all, let alone incredibly boring, although I only went to a couple of home games.

Absolutely, it was obvious from January (potentially earlier) that we were cruising towards the title, home games had absolutely no atmosphere at all, neither did away games. No tension in the games, was often a case of teams parking the bus and us getting a couple of goals. Was just absolutely meh. I'm sure it was similarly boring for Ayr fans who were pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot but weren't challenging for the title, I'm sure they would've enjoyed the playoffs right enough. Coming up on penalties would've been some laugh. 

Absolutely, it was obvious from January (potentially earlier) that we were cruising towards the title, home games had absolutely no atmosphere at all, neither did away games. No tension in the games, was often a case of teams parking the bus and us getting a couple of goals. Was just absolutely meh. I'm sure it was similarly boring for Ayr fans who were pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot but weren't challenging for the title, I'm sure they would've enjoyed the playoffs right enough. Coming up on penalties would've been some laugh. 

Our play off final was so bad it was a relief the game was over. Possibly the worst game I’ve ever seen, so bad it was easy to forget how important it was.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Our play off final was so bad it was a relief the game was over. Possibly the worst game I’ve ever seen, so bad it was easy to forget how important it was.

Aye it was absolutely brutal, remember watching it on alba for how bad a game it was. 

Bizarre with both Ayr and Stranraer being good footballing teams that year. 

Aye it was absolutely brutal, remember watching it on alba for how bad a game it was. 
Bizarre with both Ayr and Stranraer being good footballing teams that year. 

Both sides were too scared to commit themselves and go for it in that second leg although Stranraer did have two or three brilliant chances to score especially towards the end.

The first leg was better though. We could’ve had the tie won at half time but after the second half we were lucky to draw.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both sides were too scared to commit themselves and go for it in that second leg although Stranraer did have two or three brilliant chances to score especially towards the end.

The first leg was better though. We could’ve had the tie won at half time but after the second half we were lucky to draw.

Oooft both legs were brutal. Arguably the worst 210 minutes of football we played that season. I remember being extremely relieved when Doc equalised for us in the first leg.

Theres something about ayr I really like.
McCall was one of my favourite pars players growing up and I've always enjoyed going to Somerset and also moffat is my favourite footballer of recent times.
Also we seem to have a great record against them. The only time I wasnt happy was the game at eep where they kicked us off the park.
McCall has done a brilliant job there.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Theres something about ayr I really like.
McCall was one of my favourite pars players growing up and I've always enjoyed going to Somerset and also moffat is my favourite footballer of recent times.
Also we seem to have a great record against them. The only time I wasnt happy was the game at eep where they kicked us off the park.
McCall has done a brilliant job there.

We’re not going to shag you mate.