Pars vs Ayr Sat 19th October

We started really poorly until we scored, on top for about 15 minutes then Ayr scored a shitty goal, missed what happened and just caught Gill flapping at it. 

Second half more even I thought, Cardle/Forrest scored a decent effort that flat footed Gill. Ashcroft scored his incredible goal then it was end to end before Ryan scored a fucking great goal after some nice work again by Kiltie. 

Ayr maybe feel they were good enough for at least a point but that Pars side deserved to win from my view. They really battled hard. Geggan got the better of Turner but Coley gave him some problems after the switch.

Paton was excellent today and we got a wee bit lucky with the changes being enforced to a certain extent (although I think Coley for Turner would have been made had Cochrane not needed to go off, and Ryan probably would have came anyway at some point) but you make your own luck and it made up for the bizarre first Ayr goal.

I actually thought Ayr were one of the best teams we've faced this season for an hour or so (despite us taking the lead and probably deserving of being further ahead) and some of their movement and interplay was superb at times. Gill made two or three really good saves too. As soon as we equalised though they turned into to proper shithousery and should have collected a few more yellow cards as well as probably conceding a penalty. Paton took a proper sore one and that could have been a straight red at the end, and some of the dissent was pretty strong (the boy who was raging at the ref stopping play when there were 2 players down in the 6 yard box was fantastic viewing).

A great 3 points for us coming from behind which we don't normally do and with 3 superb goals too. For Ayr it's another missed opportunity with United being hammered but they'll be up there challenging and probably in the play offs come the end of the season on that showing.

That game shows that we have the talent and ability in the squad, with more organisation and confidence we have he potential to do very well. This game still doesn’t show that Crawford is up to it but that is still a great result.

On 17/10/2019 at 18:42, pandarilla said:

I've been a few times but I've never enjoyed my experience at eep. Last year was a horrible football match (the January one where shankland missed a huge change in the last five minutes).

Certainly wouldn't have enjoyed today if you were there.

Also for those questioning Crawford and his desire, every single time the camera went to the touchline, he was given either instructions or encouragement to someone. Turner looked like he had an off-day but he was being encouraged a lot. 

Good battling performance today good to see us come back from 2-1. Ayr got lucky with the first goal but the second was a good goal, defence sat off him a bit too much for my liking. Turner looked poor today I think he should have been off at half time for Beadling. Kiltie Dow Ryan and Nesbit looked good today hopefully the break in the season has given then some time to gel as that front three should cause loads of bother and I think we saw that today. Ayr look decent with the ball but a bit of a gang without it number 2 jumper with his arm round the neck of Ashcroft twice and gegan lost the plot at the end.

However we are on a decent enough run of form, take something from Dundee United and we are looking up. The 1st quarter is over now and we can afford another like it.

Very frustrating result today.

Thought at 2-1 we would go on to win comfortably but that strike from Ashcroft was something else. A real beauty. Fair play to Dunfermline thereafter for winning it.

We really need to stop the rot before this becomes a bad run.

Edited by Trogdor