Pars vs Ayr Sat 19th October

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Grant must have been at different games from me as I didn't find anything about the title season boring. Can only imagine what you have made of most Pars campaigns as the vast majority in my lifetime have been duller than that one.

Outwith the proper bad ones, I'm sure you'd be able to guess, most were better. The mstchday experience was just absolutely tonk. 

Was a fun season. You know that fun where you used to put every good player in the old FIFAs in to the one team just for a laugh and destroy everyone? Was just like that. Good laugh. 

I really enjoyed that League One title season. Falky, Cardle, Faiss - plenty of players who were enjoyable to watch and after all the grim times of the previous few years it was good to see everything finally fall into place. Not every game was a procession - some cracking games down at Somerset. Winning a few quid on the 7-1 Cowden game was enjoyable too. Also had a 10/1 double on Pars and Cowden (away to Peterhead) the day Faissal wrapped up the league against Brechin. 

Must-win for us but will be difficult against an Ayr side that have won their last three away games, scoring 10 goals in the process. Coupled with us being beyond atrocious at EEP, it could be a long afternoon.
I'll go 0-2, with the Crawford apologists crying that he needs more time.
You don't live in the real world. Must win? Ayr and Dundee United are winning (nearly) all their games. Any points, considering we are currently in a group of also rans (I.e. everyone else) are a bonus from this. Have some patience.

3 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:
On 09/10/2019 at 11:58, Poet of the Macabre said:
Must-win for us but will be difficult against an Ayr side that have won their last three away games, scoring 10 goals in the process. Coupled with us being beyond atrocious at EEP, it could be a long afternoon.

You don't live in the real world. Must win? Ayr and Dundee United are winning (nearly) all their games. Any points, considering we are currently in a group of also rans (I.e. everyone else) are a bonus from this. Have some patience.

Although we've looked really good this season (mostly) and although we had a good season last year, I still feel as if a draw at EEP would be an excellent result, irrespective of the current form of both teams.

I'll take an entertaining 2-2 draw right now..........

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Although we've looked really good this season (mostly) and although we had a good season last year, I still feel as if a draw at EEP would be an excellent result, irrespective of the current form of both teams.

I'll take an entertaining 2-2 draw right now..........

Seriously? We are utter muck, especially at home. Ayr should be going in to this fully confident of taking all 3 points. 

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Seriously? We are utter muck, especially at home. Ayr should be going in to this fully confident of taking all 3 points. 

Ayr (the team) maybe are, but personally I've visited EEP far too many times and been on the wrong end of a scudding to take anything for granted. 

Apart from that I see every game in this league as a potential loss / draw / win and prefer just to enjoy the performance and victory if it comes but if it doesn't then I'm never too surprised.

I suppose that's what being a fan of a so called "diddy team" is all about........

18 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Sorry you had such a bad time but everyone I know really enjoyed themselves.

Settle yourself, I never had a bad time, let alone "such a bad time" but the second half of that season was a bore. All the fun came in the first half of the season, its really as simple as that. 

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Was a fun season. You know that fun where you used to put every good player in the old FIFAs in to the one team just for a laugh and destroy everyone? Was just like that. Good laugh. 

Aye for about half an hour.  Do that for a whole year and you'd get bored of it. 

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Imagine not enjoying a title-winning season. What a miserable hoor

Imagine not going out on a three day bender when we win the Fife Cup. 

It's the exact same. 

3 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:
On 09/10/2019 at 11:58, Poet of the Macabre said:

We're 9th in the league and have won 1 of our last 16 league games.

If that's acceptable to you or anyone else, then that's up to you but to the vast majority of Pars fans it's appalling.