Pars vs Ayr Sat 19th October

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Must-win for us but will be difficult against an Ayr side that have won their last three away games, scoring 10 goals in the process. Coupled with us being beyond atrocious at EEP, it could be a long afternoon.

I'll go 0-2, with the Crawford apologists crying that he needs more time.

The first quarter of the season hasn't even finished. Far too early to start describing games as must-win. Must admit I'm really surprised to see Dunfermline struggling as I watched their opening game with Dundee and they looked excellent and really should have won the game.

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The first quarter of the season hasn't even finished. Far too early to start describing games as must-win. Must admit I'm really surprised to see Dunfermline struggling as I watched their opening game with Dundee and they looked excellent and really should have won the game.

Did you not see the second half of that game?

We sat back massively and absolutely shat ourselves. We've been no better, and often much worse, since (Celtic game aside).

We'll lose.

Hopefully Kerr is back for this. I’d also keep Houston in the team and put Geggan back on the bench.

Apart from that I’d keep things as they are. This is SS last chance to impress but right now I can see us lumping for Jim McIntyre.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The vast majority of "must-win" games aren't literally must win games. It's a figure of speech.

It's vital Crawford gets a home victory and he will (or at least should) be under immense pressure if he loses again. If he was emptied after this one then United away could be a throwaway match, leaving the new manager a relatively soft start of Arbroath, Queens and Alloa to try and build some momentum.

Getting more desperate for wins the longer this goes on. However, we've become difficult to beat which no one can deny past 4 or 5 games, whatever it is. It's scoring goals that's the real problem, we looked fortunate against Thistle but a tad unlucky against Alloa in that respect.

Get Nisbit and Ryan starting. Get the ball into the box for them, they WILL find space and chances.

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Getting more desperate for wins the longer this goes on. However, we've become difficult to beat which no one can deny past 4 or 5 games, whatever it is. It's scoring goals that's the real problem, we looked fortunate against Thistle but a tad unlucky against Alloa in that respect.

Get Nisbit and Ryan starting. Get the ball into the box for them, they WILL find space and chances.

Hopefully we keep a clean sheet as it's been over seven months since we scored more than one goal in a home game. Concede once and it's pretty much a draw at best.

I do agree about getting the ball into the box more. I've often thought we've looked ok until the final third but look clueless when we reach the penalty area. A real, glaring lack of creativity and obviously confidence will be very low.

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The first quarter of the season hasn't even finished. Far too early to start describing games as must-win. 

If we lose we could have Canning or McIntyre in charge, it's must win. 

Hopefully we keep a clean sheet as it's been over seven months since we scored more than one goal in a home game. Concede once and it's pretty much a draw at best.
I do agree about getting the ball into the box more. I've often thought we've looked ok until the final third but look clueless when we reach the penalty area. A real, glaring lack of creativity and obviously confidence will be very low.
Scored 2 on opening game of the season but that aside it's pretty shocking form. Honestly worst value for money for a season ticket in the country.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

As a full time team its disgraceful that we resort to long balls.
Alloa are playing great football despite being part time.
Wtf

There's a lot of full time teams that deplore that tactic. Just because you're part-time doesn't correlate to "unattractive" football.

FWIW, with the wages we'll be commanding, I'd expect a lot better quality, certainly. It isn't good enough. 

11 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
19 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Scored 2 on opening game of the season but that aside it's pretty shocking form. Honestly worst value for money for a season ticket in the country.

Try and name five memorable moments since we got promoted from League One. You might get there but it will take some thinking.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Try and name five memorable moments since we got promoted from League One. You might get there but it will take some thinking.

Scoring v Celtic
Beating the Wee Team in the New Year derby 16/17
Beating Falkirk in the New Year derby 17/18
Qualifying from the league cup group v Hearts

Can't think of anything else, really. 

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

As a full time team its disgraceful that we resort to long balls.
Alloa are playing great football despite being part time.
Wtf

I believe Peter Grant has brought in a new style of play, starting with widening the pitch, which seems to allow Alloa to play more of a passing game.

Pars can't widen the pitch, but you'd hope that, as a full time team, a sharp passing game could be worked on through the week.