Sectional league cup final

Ajs

Got to remember Lanark are newly promoted into their league, several below the regular champions of the premier. To reach the final is a massive achievement for Lanark. They gave a very good account of themselves against a team who pretty much dominate junior football also bringing a good following as well. Am sure everyone at Lanark enjoyed their day just frustrated with a few decisions. I don’t think having too comment about how many first team players were on the bench is really needed
Just saying yer man in comments above was saying he was impressed with Talbot and doesn't know much about our team so I was only enlightening him that what he seen today wasn't our strongest team , no harm in mentioning that ffs.

12 hours ago, murphy1970 said:

Lanark keeper had a mare and I certainly thought the 2nd goal was down to timid keeping 

I agree that his timidity played a part which , unfortunately for us and the lad is currently a feature of his game.  It would not have happened at the other end.

12 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

A lot of sour grapes on here, didn't think there would be much complaining after a 6-1 score line which was pretty convincing.

There is no sour grapes . No one disputing that we were well beaten by a well drilled and physically superior team.  We had to have 11 players fully on their games, concentrating throughout - that was blown away inside the first few minutes.  We gave it a good shot up to half time and then a forward gives away a penalty inside 10 seconds of the restart. Just a pity we didn't keep it tight for longer to make for a more exciting 2nd half.

I don't agree with those who are criticising the ref. I think keepers are over protected these days.  However, if you see the Gartcairn v Darvel and the Scotland highlights both incidents, similar to this,  were given as fouls, which is the point that someone else was trying to make. 

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

I agree that his timidity played a part which , unfortunately for us and the lad is currently a feature of his game.  It would not have happened at the other end.

Agree whole heartedly 

Boys to good looking to be a goalkeeper ……… got to be prepared to put your body in where it’s going to get hurt

On a different point don’t know if many people noticed it but a massive thank you to Talbot physio who went to assist when Lanark No7 Chucky Watt Looked to be in serious trouble from a fair 50/50 tackle Great sportsmanship and a credit to Talbot ……… well done that man

Hope that Chucky is ok as he’s just back from bad knee injury picked up in pre season

5 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

The 2nd was a foul on the goalkeeper, the 3rd was a very soft penalty and the wrong man got the red card it should have been the talbot player for shoving. Other than that it looked a one way street.

It was a penalty and, having seen the highlights, our man had to go as he had already been booked and I can see why he got a second. 

It wasn't a one way street however. We pressed hard and tried to play football but we conceded too many cheap goals

2 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Agree whole heartedly 

Boys to good looking to be a goalkeeper ……… got to be prepared to put your body in where it’s going to get hurt

On a different point don’t know if many people noticed it but a massive thank you to Talbot physio who went to assist when Lanark No7 Chucky Watt Looked to be in serious trouble from a fair 50/50 tackle Great sportsmanship and a credit to Talbot ……… well done that man

Hope that Chucky is ok as he’s just back from bad knee injury picked up in pre season

And their Number 10. He spent a fair bit of time helping the Physio's. Not heard what the injury was but glad he was able to walk to the dug out as it looked bad.

4 minutes ago, bc57 said:

And their Number 10. He spent a fair bit of time helping the Physio's. Not heard what the injury was but glad he was able to walk to the dug out as it looked bad.

Heard he was having trouble with his breathing and his legs were going into spasms

Was standing between the dugouts and once the Lanark physio made sure he was ok he went to Talbot dugout to shake hands with their physio

Thats what junior football is all about 

Both physios a credit to the junior game 

39 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Heard he was having trouble with his breathing and his legs were going into spasms

Was standing between the dugouts and once the Lanark physio made sure he was ok he went to Talbot dugout to shake hands with their physio

Thats what junior football is all about 

Both physios a credit to the junior game 

A hugely underrated position at any club.