Who was/is your clubs?

Who is your clubs best player of all time? 
During my time I'd be expected to say Andy Ritchie, but Ritchie himself said it was Jim Holmes, so it's Jim Holmes. 
Going further back you'd have to look at Allan McGraw, Jimmy Cowan, Jimmy Gourlay and George French.

Who is you clubs worst player of all time? 
As a boy my dad and uncle would sigh and moan every time Billy McLaren took the field. For me it would be Henrik Terkelson and Carl Christiansen - they came over from Denmark for a vital home game against Motherwell, contributed nothing on the park (lost 2-0) and were sent back home that evening. Even the crap Austrian guys we had in the 90s played a game or two more than that.

Who is the ugliest player your club has had? 
We once had David Harvey on loan when David Wylie and Robin Turner were both injured.

Heaviest player?
Dougie Robertson was once told to lose a stone or he was on the transfer list (remember transfer lists?). Scored two (one was a beauty) on the same day and generally used his weight to good effect. He was nowhere near the levels of Yardley when he was at Albion Rovers.

Who was your clubs first black player? 
Probably Andre Boe, whose goalkeeping "talents" were one of the factors that prevented our promotion in 95-96. Dropped like a hot chip after two consecutive 4 goal defeats.

Who was your clubs first foreign player? 
Depends on the definition. Stan Seymour was English, Charles O'Hagan was Irish and both played in the 1910s-20s. Continentally it would be Kai Johansen, who was the first of a shedload of Danish players we had in the 60s.

Top scorer of all time? 
Allan McGraw with 117.  No idea how we'd have fared in the 60s without him.

Nicest player/biggest arsehole? 
Everyone I spoke to at the Stars of '79 night was very pleasant. Derek Gaston was a gent and took time to talk to my boy both at Cappielow and the Time Capsule.  Arsehole - Nacho Novo.

Was it andy Ritchie that could score at will from a corner?

Just now, D.A.F.C said:
7 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Who is your clubs best player of all time? 
During my time I'd be expected to say Andy Ritchie, but Ritchie himself said it was Jim Holmes, so it's Jim Holmes. 
Going further back you'd have to look at Allan McGraw, Jimmy Cowan, Jimmy Gourlay and George French.

Who is you clubs worst player of all time? 
As a boy my dad and uncle would sigh and moan every time Billy McLaren took the field. For me it would be Henrik Terkelson and Carl Christiansen - they came over from Denmark for a vital home game against Motherwell, contributed nothing on the park (lost 2-0) and were sent back home that evening. Even the crap Austrian guys we had in the 90s played a game or two more than that.

Who is the ugliest player your club has had? 
We once had David Harvey on loan when David Wylie and Robin Turner were both injured.

Heaviest player?
Dougie Robertson was once told to lose a stone or he was on the transfer list (remember transfer lists?). Scored two (one was a beauty) on the same day and generally used his weight to good effect. He was nowhere near the levels of Yardley when he was at Albion Rovers.

Who was your clubs first black player? 
Probably Andre Boe, whose goalkeeping "talents" were one of the factors that prevented our promotion in 95-96. Dropped like a hot chip after two consecutive 4 goal defeats.

Who was your clubs first foreign player? 
Depends on the definition. Stan Seymour was English, Charles O'Hagan was Irish and both played in the 1910s-20s. Continentally it would be Kai Johansen, who was the first of a shedload of Danish players we had in the 60s.

Top scorer of all time? 
Allan McGraw with 117.  No idea how we'd have fared in the 60s without him.

Nicest player/biggest arsehole? 
Everyone I spoke to at the Stars of '79 night was very pleasant. Derek Gaston was a gent and took time to talk to my boy both at Cappielow and the Time Capsule.  Arsehole - Nacho Novo.

Was it andy Ritchie that could score at will from a corner?

"At will" is maybe stretching it. He did score from a corner at least once, but was known more for his free-kicks and penalty taking (only ever missed two - one in a monsoon where the ball stopped in the mud before the goalline, the other went over the bar at Easter Road - I blame the slope).

Here free-kick he stuck past the Scotland keeper, Alan Rough.

andy-ritchie-free-kick-o.gif