Who was/is your clubs?

Thought itd be a good laugh to ask a few questions about your club and its history.

Queen of the South:

Who is your clubs best player of all time? This answer will depend alot on what era you began watching your club but in my experience Stephen Dobbie has been a million miles ahead. We are so lucky to have had him for so long and it just goes to show that loyalty does still exist in the modern era as for the last 3 years he could easily have been playing at a higher level and earning more

Who is you clubs worst player of all time? This one is far tougher. There have been numerous absolute numpies to have pulled on the shirt. Marc McCusker was honking, Jamie Mole was honking, loads of the John Connolly geordies were honking, but for me Ian McGrath from last season tops the lot. You had to see him to believe how bad he was. No positional sense, no pace, no finishing ability. Just nothing.

Who is the ugliest player your club has had? This one is tough but Mark Kerr wins for me. 

Heaviest player? David "shrek" McNiven was some size. People think Callum Semple is big this season but hes nothing on Shrek. 

Who was your clubs first black player? Afaik its either Alex Williams or Joe Olabode. Subsequently we have until recently had very few others. Marvin Andrews, Leon Knight, Callum Tapping and the part Grenadan Alex Harris are a few more.

Who was your clubs first foreign player? Again this is a question where there arent that many at our club. Im not sure where Alex Nesovic was from but afaik it could be Australian Stuart Lovell. Subsequently we have had a few others like Todorov, Beerman and Dykes.

Top scorer of all time? Jim Patterson. His total is very unlikely to be surpassed anytime soon. Its just incredible.

Nicest player/biggest arsehole? Dobbie again is always excellent with fans and has alot of time for people. Sean O'Connor was always very pleasant to. John Baird win the arsehole award hands down. Not only was he rubbish at us his attitude was stinking.

Edited by football maniac

Thistle:
Who is your clubs best player of all time?
- People of different ages will answer different things. I cam only comment on players I’ve watched. I’d go for Tam Cernh. Special mentions to Liam Lindsay, Martin Hardie, Scott Paterson and Gary Harkins.
Who is you clubs worst player of all time?
- Dymtro Provenych aka Dave The Ukrainian. Hopeless. No chance he was a football and played for Dynamo Kiev.
Heaviest player?
- Boab McCulloch. Great player though.
Who was your clubs first black player?
- No idea.
Who was your clubs first foreign player?
- As above.
Top scorer of all time?
- Willie Sharp in the 40/50s. Kris Doolan is the modern era one by a distance.
Nicest player/biggest arsehole?
- Nicest: Kris Doolan. Arsehole: Hundreds of them.

Ayr utd

Best .Peter price 

Best modern era .Michael moffat

Worst .to many too mention

Heaviest .Gary Harkins got too be up there

First black .some Nigerian in 1995 can't mind his name 

First foreigner .No idea 

Top scorer. Peter price 

Biggest arsehole. Harkins 

Nicest ,geggan, ross Docherty, David castilla all pretty sound.

Dunfermline Since 1985

Best Kozma, Edwards, Dickson 

Best modern era Barry Nicholson 

Worst, some of the potter signings 

Heaviest John Clark m’voto wedderburn

First black player not sure maybe Sergio duarte?

First foreigner bent Martin maybe?

Top scorer. Dickson, I think

Biggest arsehole. Stephen Simmons 

Nicest Hamish french 

Alloa 

best  . John White

worst . their is a whole league of them too many to mention ..

Ugliest ?

Heaviest . mibbe,  peter lamont ?

First black player . jose quitongo ?

first foreign , plenty of english players in the past no idea but recently Tunisian Ahmed Aloulou

Top scorer / modern game  charlie lytwyn  27

nicest / Andy graham must be top of the list 

ahole , well thats controversial  , don't remember any standouts , 

7 hours ago, Reid said:

Thistle:
People of different ages will answer different things. I cam only comment on players I’ve watched. I’d go for Tam Cernh. Special mentions to Liam Lindsay, Martin Hardie Scott Paterson and Gary Harkins.

I go with Kenny Watson
- Dymtro Provenych aka Dave The Ukrainian. Hopeless. No chance he was a football and played for Dynamo Kiev.

Tough on, lots of possibles. I'll say Gordon Dalziel as I despise him
Heaviest player?
- Boab McCulloch. Great player though.

Gordon Rae first to come to mind
- No idea.

Paul Wilson maybe if he counts
- As above.

No idea
Top scorer of all time?
- Nicest: Kris Doolan. Arsehole: Hundreds of them.

Doolan for sure the nicest.

13 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Alloa 

best  . John White

Ugliest ?

first foreign , plenty of english players in the past no idea but recently Tunisian Ahmed Aloulou

Heaviest must be Alan Bateman, i remember being at a game in the middle of winter at the old Firs Park watching Alloa V Shire and the pitch in the middle was a quagmire, Batesy went down and was rolling around in the mud like a hippo unable to get up, much hilarity....................was a crap team but good times.  

2 hours ago, printer said:

Surely Armand One for Alloa's heaviest? Must have been about four stone overweight when at the club.

He was more like Armand Tonne after we signed him. 

Whilst not the heaviest, Harry "the horse" Erwin and Stuart Romaines were a few pies over their target weight.

Edited by Tamhain

6 hours ago, PZ1013 said:

Dave Barnett I reckon.  Can't recall any others from before then but could be wrong.

You’re right but it’s only a few months in it. Duarte came in on loan mid season.

1997/1998

Edited by D.A.F.C

On 08/10/2019 at 20:04, Reid said:

Thistle:
- Alan Hansen
- Sean Kilgannon
Heaviest player?
- Jim Slaven
- Derek Lyle
- Unsure
Top scorer of all time?
- Nicest: Kris Doolan. Arsehole: Jackie McNamara

During my time I'd be expected to say Andy Ritchie, but Ritchie himself said it was Jim Holmes, so it's Jim Holmes. 
Going further back you'd have to look at Allan McGraw, Jimmy Cowan, Jimmy Gourlay and George French.

As a boy my dad and uncle would sigh and moan every time Billy McLaren took the field. For me it would be Henrik Terkelson and Carl Christiansen - they came over from Denmark for a vital home game against Motherwell, contributed nothing on the park (lost 2-0) and were sent back home that evening. Even the crap Austrian guys we had in the 90s played a game or two more than that.

Who is the ugliest player your club has had? 
We once had David Harvey on loan when David Wylie and Robin Turner were both injured.

Heaviest player?
Dougie Robertson was once told to lose a stone or he was on the transfer list (remember transfer lists?). Scored two (one was a beauty) on the same day and generally used his weight to good effect. He was nowhere near the levels of Yardley when he was at Albion Rovers.

Probably Andre Boe, whose goalkeeping "talents" were one of the factors that prevented our promotion in 95-96. Dropped like a hot chip after two consecutive 4 goal defeats.

Depends on the definition. Stan Seymour was English, Charles O'Hagan was Irish and both played in the 1910s-20s. Continentally it would be Kai Johansen, who was the first of a shedload of Danish players we had in the 60s.

Top scorer of all time? 
Allan McGraw with 117.  No idea how we'd have fared in the 60s without him.

Everyone I spoke to at the Stars of '79 night was very pleasant. Derek Gaston was a gent and took time to talk to my boy both at Cappielow and the Time Capsule.  Arsehole - Nacho Novo.

Edited by AyrshireTon

On 08/10/2019 at 22:23, whereismillar said:

Alloa 

best  . John White

Ugliest ?

First foreigner I think maybe Guido Van De Kamp, played early 2000's, we had Giacomo Lonzi, Italian Striker in the 90's, but dont think he ever played in the first team.

Willie Irvine got 99 goals I am sure.

A**hole - Gary McGlynn or Steve Robertson - Two horrible keepers and people!