Worst places in UK (not in Scotland)

8 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

I doubt there's anywhere in Britain where homophobia is more rampant and it's also the election fraud capital of England.

Jaywick. Always on the news & nobody seems to have a job.

Most depressing place in England has to be the housing estates behind the promenade in Blackpool.

19 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm sorry LondonHMFC, but I can't agree with that. 

I've visited there several times over the years and spent 4 days there a couple of months ago and it was brilliant. A multitude of bars, cafes and restaurants to sit by the sea front as well as all the others in the streets and lanes running through the centre. The weather was perfect for the whole time I was there and probably enjoys some of the UK's best weather each year. It was peak tourist season and the place was absolutely buzzing. 

Probably one of my favourite places in the UK tbh.

Yeah, you are quite correct. The Lanes are lovely for a walk round, and there are plenty of decent boozers. Like most seaside towns/cities, in the summer it is an excellent place to have a weekend. 

Unfortunately the level of homelessness has gone up over the past few years, it's not uncommon to see someone with a needle hanging out of their arm in a doorway. In the winter Brighton can be an incredibly depressing place to be. Milky Gem helps out at a homeless shelter in the city every Sunday, she has said over the past couple of years, the increase has been ridiculous. Drug abuse is a major issue. BBC Three did a documentary a few months back on girls living rough in Brighton, and most suffered with some form of substance abuse.

Whilst crime figures went down last year, Brighton is still above the English average. Knife crime has also increased in the past few years (then again, seems to be the case everywhere). 

Most depressing place in England has to be the housing estates behind the promenade in Blackpool.
Never found Blackpool to depressing when i was there but Fleetwood had a definite air of sadness.

52 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Looks like it was obliterated by the Luftwaffe and remained untouched ever since, fucking horrendous area.

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

Strange place those estates. Went to see Blackpool play Man United about ten years ago when I actually bothered about English football and noticed that all the corner shops around that way had multiple ads for swingers. So at least the folk staying there get up to some fun.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah, you are quite correct. The Lanes are lovely for a walk round, and there are plenty of decent boozers. Like most seaside towns/cities, in the summer it is an excellent place to have a weekend. 

Unfortunately the level of homelessness has gone up over the past few years, it's not uncommon to see someone with a needle hanging out of their arm in a doorway. In the winter Brighton can be an incredibly depressing place to be. Milky Gem helps out at a homeless shelter in the city every Sunday, she has said over the past couple of years, the increase has been ridiculous. Drug abuse is a major issue. BBC Three did a documentary a few months back on girls living rough in Brighton, and most suffered with some form of substance abuse.

Whilst crime figures went down last year, Brighton is still above the English average. Knife crime has also increased in the past few years (then again, seems to be the case everywhere). 

Milky Gem lives in/near Brighton, works in London.

We're getting closer...

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

Birmingham. Had a 4 day work trip there, saw a person shitting in street, 2 folk taking heroin by the canal. One guy with gold plated teeth who asked for money. Unpleasant accent. Bad smell all over the city. Not pleasant.

Hey, that's a Saturday night out in Cowdengelly

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:
2 hours ago, Dee Man said:
Burnley strikes me as the type of place that people know is going to be a shitehole without even seeing it and therefore avoid at all costs. 

Even the wee bit you can see on motd highlights between the stands screams shithole.

Lots of terraced houses round there. The Mantis and me managed to lose the car there a few weeks ago :lol:

£1.80 a pint though.