Worst places in UK (not in Scotland)

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Barrow in Furness.

The arm pit of the British Isles.

The Lake District National Park contains some of the prettiest scenery you'll find anywhere yet it's bordered by one of the most desolate coastlines known to man. Barrow, Millom, Workington, Maryport, Cleator Moor...I'm getting tense just typing the names out. 

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

The Lake District National Park contains some of the prettiest scenery you'll find anywhere yet it's bordered by one of the most desolate coastlines known to man. Barrow, Millom, Workington, Maryport, Cleator Moor...I'm getting tense just typing the names out. 

Yeah, seaside towns in England are pretty grim.

I remember watching one of those "Life on the dole" programs about Jaywick. Now that's a shite hole.

Had a weekend in Workington last year. It is indeed a hole.

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
44 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Had a weekend in Workington last year. It is indeed a hole.

Jesus, a whole weekend? I used to dread when our football schedule took us out there. A 3-hour round trip just to get lumps kicked out of you. 

Jesus, a whole weekend? I used to dread when our football schedule took us out there. A 3-hour round trip just to get lumps kicked out of you. 
Just for the hotel which was great actually. Spent the days showing Leicester friends the lakes etc.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I had an aunt and uncle who moved near there in the 1970's to a nearby seaside town called Redcar, f**k me that was bleak beyond DESCRIPTION.

As a kid my parents would regularly drag me down there for a week to visit them and my cousins, loved spending time with them but, my god it was depressing that place, a soulless, grey seaside town with a polluted beach and a giant petro chemical plant a few miles up the road in Middlesborough. 

The fact that, well known, dark ages set, racist comedian Roy Chubby Brown is the most famous son of Redcar is a fairly accurate summation of the place, full of angry drunk xenophobic little Englanders. 

Had a cracking boating lake though, Seaton Carew was better