Worst places in UK (not in Scotland)

On 07/10/2019 at 22:30, Rab B Nesbit said:

Middlesbrough 

On 08/10/2019 at 07:39, Rab B Nesbit said:

What BU said. Stop the spamming you angry man. 

On 09/10/2019 at 20:16, Rab B Nesbit said:

A couple of well known posters on here used to ‘support’ Middlesbrough called them ‘we’ etc. They have turned to other recreational activities in their spare time with out reason given. I guess this might explain why. 

Still living in your head rent free. Nice.

Some great shouts already. Middlesbrough, whilst I like the place, is a dump. Some lovely areas nearby that I’d live in though. Hull, Blackpool & Barnsley are all dreadful.

The Tower Hamlets suggestion is a weird one. There are shocking bits, but it also covers Canary Wharf and some surrounding areas that are far from shite so it’s a really mixed bag.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Some great shouts already. Middlesbrough, whilst I like the place, is a dump. Some lovely areas nearby that I’d live in though. Hull, Blackpool & Barnsley are all dreadful.

The Tower Hamlets suggestion is a weird one. There are shocking bits, but it also covers Canary Wharf and some surrounding areas that are far from shite so it’s a really mixed bag.

Canary Wharf is just different shite. I like lookinng at it from a distance though.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Canary Wharf is just different shite. I like lookinng at it from a distance though.

Lived beside it for a year and whilst it’s quite soulless in the main, there are some decent places in it and there are a couple of areas around it that are lovely. Short walk to Greenwich which is the best bit of London for me.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Lived beside it for a year and whilst it’s quite soulless in the main, there are some decent places in it and there are a couple of areas around it that are lovely. Short walk to Greenwich which is the best bit of London for me.

I love going through it on the DLR, but got fed up quite quickly stopping. Greenwich is my preferred locstion for digs and I'm back the week after next.

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I love going through it on the DLR, but got fed up quite quickly stopping. Greenwich is my preferred locstion for digs and I'm back the week after next.

Try The Gun on the east side of Canary Wharf. Great pub right on the Thames overlooking the O2.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And in he comes ... 

🐠 

Nice :D

32 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Try The Gun on the east side of Canary Wharf. Great pub right on the Thames overlooking the O2.

I will. On the other side, The Trafslgar and The Yacht just past the Naval Museum are a bit touristy but great for light nights after work in the beer gardens. I like the corner pubs a few streets back, the Amersham Arms and Prince of Wales. 

I like pubs.

Also spoilt for choice for football when I next go. Still haven't made it to Fisher FC yet though.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

32 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I will. On the other side, The Trafslgar and The Yacht just past the Naval Museum are a bit touristy but great for light nights after work in the beer gardens. I like the corner pubs a few streets back, the Amersham Arms and Prince of Wales. 

I like pubs.

Also spoilt for choice for football when I next go. Still haven't made it to Fisher FC yet though.

Along Narrow Street in Limehouse I spent many an afternoon in The Grapes. At the back it literally opens out onto the Thames and if you were not careful you could get wet ankles if sitting out the back (though that could have just been me pishing under the table). A pal of mine swears he met a ghost in there too. The ghosts would have been more scared of meeting him though. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHmLRQkCOTT3u3LjB4Cep

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhWqNnIOzldm5Aw1kTZu4

22 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 08/10/2019 at 21:19, 19QOS19 said:
No one been to Whitehaven then? Absolute dive. Makes Workington seem respectable.

That whole Cumbrian coast is as bleak as it gets.

Shut up. A coast is a coast. A pub with a sea view is always good. Except for Larne. That made Workington look like Las Vegas.

Guest Moomintroll
Shut up. A coast is a coast. A pub with a sea view is always good. Except for Larne. That made Workington look like Las Vegas.
Sarge, have you ever been to Saltcoats?

Immingham or Bootle. 

Bootle is an absolute cesspit full of people who are more or less zombies. Then there's that fucking accent as well... 

Immingham is worse. It might well be a very busy port, but it's an utter dump that's isolated and has no redeeming features. 

Hull is shit as well. By some distance the worst "city centre" I've been in. 

13 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Sarge, have you ever been to Saltcoats?

Twice, the second was a mistake obviously.

On 11/10/2019 at 16:27, Sergeant Wilson said:

Old saying, the best thing that came out of Larne is the Ferry to Scotland. 

Though most of the rest of TFS is brilliant, especially Belfast and the Antrim Coast Road. 

Edited by sureiknow

On 11/10/2019 at 01:10, expatowner said:

I’m not having it. To name just a few places: That map includes Brixton where the term “eat your kids” originated and Millwall and where they recently filmed the remake of the film Towering Inferno.

Brixton is a terrible shout. It has been gentrified but not to the annoying extent that somewhere like Camden has. The real shit parts of London are the areas that are like a wee Brexity town - I'm thinking places like Eltham where Stephen Lawrence was stabbed all those years ago. 

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Brixton is a terrible shout. It has been gentrified but not to the annoying extent that somewhere like Camden has. The real shit parts of London are the areas that are like a wee Brexity town - I'm thinking places like Eltham where Stephen Lawrence was stabbed all those years ago. 

Brixton is increasingly gentrified, but still has a bit of life about it (i.e. it’s not exclusively full of young, middle class wanks called Toby and Hattie like, for example, neighbouring Clapham). Its reputation definitely still struggles from the riots in the 80/90s - definitely nowhere near the worst parts of London.

Dagenham, Barking, Thornton Heath though... wouldn’t be heading to any of those in a hurry.