Worst places in UK (not in Scotland)

Leicester is a horrendous place, as is Preston. 

Been to Belfast for a night and where staying at Queen's University, that part was lovely and the walk into the town centre from it all seemed nice enough, my brother was recommended a pub so we kept walking and it just got slowly more dodgy before we eventually arrived on the street and turned round to see this stand alone 2 story pub with metal barriers over the windows and nothing else near it. All exchanged a look like nah f**k this but went in anyway and the place was class. f**k living there though, when schools, shops, pubs etc all have barriers over the windows to stop them being blown up to f**k it's not really appealing.

Sidcup.
Never been but it just sounds shite.
Also Didcot. I’ve been there and it is shite.
Used to have relatives that lived in Sidcup... visited many times as a teenager years ago... lovely wee place then... not sure what its like now.
No I am not Mark Campbell.

Whitley Bay is wild, I stayed there during the week for work for a few months in 2016 and it wasn't uncommon to see folk passed out in the street at 7am when I was going to work.

The other thing that sticks in the mind was the sheer number of Indian restaurants and takeaways, the screenshot below is a small area and then the second one is an even smaller area of the first one with 4 right next to each other.

image.thumb.png.8994823ef11ffaa984ef9e1c70cb604e.png

image.png.2b47f36650ecc2139e6230a3deb9435d.png

Guest Moomintroll

Most of the holes I have visited & worked in have been mentioned but amazed that no one has nominated Merthyr Tydfil yet, that is a relentlessly grim town.

Most places that seem like dumps when on brief visit turn out to be a lot better if you're forced to stay a while and find out the good bits. I doubt that would happen in Warrington though. Or Morecombe that was full of pensioners with late stage cancer and junkies when I visited, maybe picked the wrong day for it.

Most places that seem like dumps when on brief visit turn out to be a lot better if you're forced to stay a while and find out the good bits. I doubt that would happen in Warrington though. Or Morecombe that was full of pensioners with late stage cancer and junkies when I visited, maybe picked the wrong day for it.

Any decent nightclubs?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The town centre is pretty decent in Warrington and there’s certainly plenty of bars. Although lots of people prefer to go to nearby Stockton Heath. 

51 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Plenty of fair suggestions, but I'll add Gillingham to the mix as it hasn't been mentioned yet - just awful. Slough is dreadful, too. 

I got a shock when I went to watch Gillingham it’s pretty ropey around the ground. Also saw one home fan crack another on the jaw for daring to clap the players off despite a narrow loss.